Wish list

DelahDelah Posts: 18
edited August 2014 in Feature requests
First of all, thank you for this great tool. For all my art I use Flash but for pixel art it isn't a good solution at all.

I do have a wish list for Pyxel Edit:
1. Layer lock - makes it impossible to edit a layer.

2. Import image to layer - if you now import an image it will open in a new window. I would like to use an image as a reverence.

3. Scale the imported image - this way it is easier to use a large image as reverence for a small pixel drawing.

4. Transformation tool for selected pixels - rotate selected pixels 90, 180 and 270 degrees and x and y axes mirroring. (Same as the tile transformation tool but now for selected pixels.

5. Align tool - same as in Flash.

Thank you for your time.

Comments

• DanikDanik Posts: 897
    Number 4 already exists by pressing Cmd/Ctrl+T (it's a bit flimsy though, hold Shift to constrain rotation to 45 degree increments).
    Number 1 and 2 are good ideas. 3 and 5 are lower priority but might come later.
    Thanks for the feedback!
  • HamenopiHamenopi Posts: 21
    By alignment, do you mean adjusting the offset? Cause I've been using that to align my pixel art like mad.
  • DelahDelah Posts: 18
    @Danik: Thank you for the fast implementation of #4 :)

@Hamenopi: I'm not sure what you mean with adjusting the offset (sorry, sometimes my knowledge of the English language falls short). I'll try Google to understand it.
    What I mean is the same as it works in Flash.
    - If you draw an object you can use some buttons to place the object completely to the left, centre or right of the canvas. But also to the top, centre or bottom.
    - if you select multiple objects you can do the same but them the smallest object will be aligned by the larger object, not by the canvas.

I hope I explained it better.
  • HamenopiHamenopi Posts: 21
    Sometime my knowledge of the English language falls short too and I'm American. ;-)

The offset tool may be a good work around for your first dash. I know I use it in animation to achieve similar results. Play around with it and see. Hope it can help you.

• DelahDelah Posts: 18
    Thanx I will try it out.