Issues with macOS 12.1 Monterey

DanikDanik Posts: 899
edited January 8 in News and announcements
The latest macOS release has unfortunately caused some pretty bad issues with Pyxel Edit:
  1. Keyboard shortcuts trigger accelerator commands instead of the bound action (E brings up the Emoji popup etc)
  2. Open/Save File dialogs hangs the second time they are used, requiring restarting the application
These issues need an update of the AIR runtime bundled with the application. Harman is aware of them and have already solved 1 and partly 2 so I expect a fix the coming week, after which I can make a new release of Pyxel Edit.

Issue 1 can be worked around by binding the accelerator commands to other key combinations, see https://pyxeledit.com/forum/discussion/comment/3719/#Comment_3719

Issue 2 I sadly have no good workaround for. If you need to open/import multiple documents/files you can drag and drop them onto the application to avoid using the OS Open dialog, and you can save your documents that are already on disk using the Save action, but Save As... will fail the second time it is used and will make it necessary to force quit the application. 

If you run into any other problems please let me know and I will prioritize fixing them for the next release!

Comments

• DanikDanik Posts: 899
    Short update: Harman has said the release that will fix these issues will likely be out beginning of next week. I will make a release ASAP after that.
  • DanikDanik Posts: 899
    Version 0.4.95 that should fix these issues is now released.
  • oronbzoronbz Posts: 5
    Amazing, thanks!
  • sh_pixelsh_pixel Posts: 1
    It seems all issues have been fixed. Thanks a lot!
  • Thank You.