Bugs and feature requests

WeslomPoWeslomPo Posts: 23
edited September 2013 in Bug reports
Sorry for bad english ^_^.

Bugs:

Interface:

1) Some times, instruments don't changes. For example, if take pencil, then draw something, then press "alt" button, pick color, when you releases "alt" button, color picker dont changes back to pencil. Some times, not constantly. (i think problem with keyboard controller, he dont take release event) (ahaha, lol, i find solve for that problem, just need use "RMB - to pick color", but that uncomfortable for the tablet).
2) When resize panels, program is slow down (i think there is problem of all ui engine)
3) When resize panels vertically, like tiles, layers, and other - they resizes strange, not for all height.
4) When change scale (zoom in), on 6400% and 12800% (maximum and one early step of zooming) showing white screen (i think problem with screen canvas and rounding of active tile indexes).

Feature requests

Keyboard:
If drawing with tablet, some functions not available, like zoom. I think need add some shortcuts:
[, ] - resize brush size
-, = - change zoom
shift or something - to draw straight lines
Draw lines using the shift button with tablet was painful. Becose you need to press LMB constantly, more comfortable will be if you click once to start, and second to draw line (like PS). (and also there shows the bug #1)

Brush:
Need brush collection. For example, it's a be picture and working like tileset to select and organize, but brush o_O.

Interface:
Layers - may renamed by double click.
Layers - can change opacity, after select layer (put opacity changer on layers panel).
And so get rid of the window layer settings
Pallete change cols and rows
Tilesets - when duplicate tiles added to end of list of tiles, not in next. Now it break some organization of tiles.
When zooming - need to know what current state of zooming.

Comments

• DanikDanik Posts: 800
    Thanks for the feedback.
    I can't do very much about the UI performance without changing the library, which I probably won't get into unless it's really severe. If there is another release of the lib that might improve it though.
    When zooming in to +6400%, do you mean that the canvas turns white?

About shortcuts, you can use numpad +,- to change brush size, no way to to zoom in with a keypress yet though, so you need to change to the zoom tool (Z) and click.
    You can draw straight lines by holding Shift when drawing.

Brush collection: I will probably add more brush shapes, we'll see about custom brushes, maybe.

I'm not sure of what other preferences there will be for layers, so I will keep the modal settings window for now.
    Zooming status: Yes, I should add that.
  • What version of AsWing do you use?
    Danik: When zooming in to +6400%, do you mean that the canvas turns white?
    It strange bug, shown not always. But in large image where are many tiles...
    I attach example where is working always. Just load, and ZOOM TO THE MAX(r) ^_^
    Numpad + and - are very far from G,H,B,E and [,],-,= ;( 
    in "straight lines" I meant lines draw by 45°
    Danik: I'm not sure of what other preferences there will be for layers, so I will keep the modal settings window for now.
    I understand it, and think thats way to, but opacity and layer name need fast access.

Do you need magic wand example?))
  • DanikDanik Posts: 800
    I'm using 2.0 beta.
    I see what you mean about the white screen. I will look into it, thanks.
    And thanks for the magic wand sample, nice way to avoid recursive calls.