Feedback and couple requests.

Hello!

I recently bought Pyxel Edit and so far really enjoying it!

However, there are couple things that gets annoying.

Mainly it's the alt+click colour picker. Now, I should mention that I absolutely love that you have this function. I'm using Autodesk Sketckbook pro alot and it has the same alt+click hotkey for clour picker. But unlike sketchbook, pyxel edit highligts "File" button on top when you release alt. And it gets in the way so much! I have to press alt again to get back to drawing.

I know it sounds like a first world problem, but after I stumble upon it donzens and dozens of times it gets relly irritating.

Also, It would be great to have an option to pick colour from any layer regardless of which layer is selected currently. Again, in sketchbook you can press alt and click on any colour you see on your drawing and it will pick it from any layer. Personally I don't see a reason why you shouldn't be allowed to pick colours from the layer that is not currently selected.

Paint.net has another really useful feature for when you work with pixel art - on pencil tool you can either select Normal Blending mode or Overwrite.

Here you can see the difference between the two (black colour with 130 opacity):

It would be great to see it in Pyxel Edit as well.

And finally, I'd like to see a "Flip horizontal" and "Flip vertical" options for flipping a selection or layer/canvas when nothing is selected.

These options would allow me to work with pyxel edit without alt-tabbing to paint.net.

That's all I have. I'm looking forward for future Pyxel Edit updates and new features! :)

Comments

• billiambilliam Posts: 3
    Toggling between blend modes, and flipping selection would be really useful to me as well.

an option to pick colour from any layer

I believe that's a tool option already when the eyedropper is selected.
  • WegPastWegPast Posts: 59
    The possibility to paint transparency as a color would be great too. I mean, like the eraser tool in paint.net that allow you to choose its opacity.
  • CandyFaceCandyFace Posts: 623
    edited April 2015
    The file highlight (program looses focus) has been mentioned before, the problem is that windows uses the alt key for some menu shortcuts, and in Adobe air (the system that PyxelEdit is made on) that makes the window lose its focus. Danik has been looking into it for a bit, it might be possible to get around, though I do not think he has found a solution to the problem yet.

Exactly as Billiam said: When choosing the eyedropper tool or holding down the alt key, you should have an option called "use all layers" that you can toggle, that will allow you to pick up a color from any layer.

PyxelEdit already provides the "Overwrite/Overlay" blending option, it it just located in the gear icon you see left from the layer itself.

I too would really like to see flip selection on horizontal and vertical axis, and it is coming... just not with the next release it seems. We can only hope that Danik will get more free time to work on PyxelEdit in the future and provide updates faster :)

I hope it helps ;)
  • KliganKligan Posts: 4
    edited April 2015

Exactly as Billiam said: When choosing the eyedropper tool or holding down the alt key, you should have an option called "use all layers" that you can toggle, that will allow you to pick up a color from any layer.

Somehow I missed it. Thanks for pointing it out!

PyxelEdit already provides the "Overwrite/Overlay" blending option, it it just located in the gear icon you see left from the layer itself.
    I was aware of the blending modes for layers. But it is not really all that comfortable to create a whole new level when you want to overwrite something with transparency. As I've mentioned in my original post, Paint.net has a button switching your currently selected tool between normal blending and overwrite. It is really useful.