Select the color picker tool with a hotkey?

I was trying to setup a custom shortcut for the color picker and can't select the tool itself.  The only option seems to be the quick_pick_color_action which requires me to hold the button while I make my selection.  Does anyone have the proper string for the keybinding?

Comments

• CandyFaceCandyFace Posts: 620
    edited January 2017
    Hi acanthaceae

You can activate the color picker by holding down alt on your keyboard ;)
    edit: Ahh, you want to be able to choose the color picker tool. Hmm i'm not actually sure if that's possible, though I will look into it.
  • I specifically want to select the tool.  I don't want to hold down a button.
  • CandyFaceCandyFace Posts: 620
    edited January 2017
    Yea I see that, I can confirm now though that it's not possible. I have looked through all the possible actions and none of them allows to select the tool via press. I think it's hardcoded into its operation that you need to hold down the key unfortunately. 
  • Yet you can click on the tool to select it and it operates without holding down any keys.
  • ArdezArdez Posts: 2
    edited January 2017
    Right click with a tool selected that requires a color and it will pick whichever color is below your cursor.

It doesn't switch to the tool, but it has the exact same effect of using the tool seamlessly. A quick right click and you will have the color selected. If you hold it down you can adjust where your cursor is resting and watch the colors change in your swatches.

Sorry if this doesn't help you at all, but it is what I immediately thought of.