Proper Mac keyboard shortcuts

tacoetacoe Posts: 17
edited August 2013 in Feature requests
A detail, but being able to save with command-S and hide with command-H would save some annoyance. Right now it's only control for some reason and hide is not supported (Adobe Air related?)

Comments

• DanikDanik Posts: 850
    Yes, that's a good point! I have only tested on Windows so far, let me know if you find anything else that's broken on Mac.
  • prime31prime31 Posts: 4
    I second this one. All the Ctrl+ shortcuts would be great if they also worked with Command. Also, Quit being Command-Q would also be nice.
    Ctrl and command now work the same in the latest build. I'll also add Command-Q/Ctrl-Q, thanks.
    Btw, Command-H to hide, is that the same as minimize on Windows?
  • Where I can find a full list of shortcuts for both Win/Mac versions? Thanks)
  • SimonSimon Posts: 58
    you can find them under "help" in the menu.
    For mac just replace ctrl with cmd.
    What Simon said. It was rather hastily assembled though so I might have missed some, but the most important ones should be there.
  • tacoetacoe Posts: 17
    Danik – hide isn't the same as minimize, which Macs support as well. Kind of weird: there's sort of two 'schools' of using a Mac: either you use minimize/maximize (the yellow/green pill buttons in the window bar), or you use hide/unhide. The latter is more pro-focused as it's instant (non-animated), supports unhiding using cmd-tab, is keyboard-focused instead of mouse-focused, and is application-based, not window-based. Minimize/maximize does the opposite of all those things and is therefore more discoverable and understandable, but also more annoying to power users. Unlike on Windows, a hidden app still shows its icon in the dock. Clicking the icon unhides all the app's windows.

In Air, setting 'visible' on the window to false is supposed to equal a Mac's hide behavior.
    Thanks a lot for the information tacoe. Ctrl/Cmd + H minimizes in the current version, I will implement hiding for the next version.
  • Hey I took this course - Productivity for Mac Users: Shortcuts and Tools to 10x Your Productivity on the Computer, it was really good and thought I'd share a free coupon here. 

I hope you will like it as much as I did.