I can't do crap

i downloaded the file thing after i bought it and when i opened it up i put the activation code in. then i was just left at the pyxel edit words. i can't draw anything and all the tabs at the top of the computer aren't working. (I'm using a mac)

Comments

• Wolfking60Wolfking60 Posts: 4
    in the file it also had a read me thing and it said i had to assign the .pyxel file type to the application what does that mean!?!?!?!?
  • CandyFaceCandyFace Posts: 620
    edited May 2016
    Hi Wolfking60

I'm sorry to hear you're having trouble, the problem sounds similar to what other people have reported before. Could you please try the following:
    Remove the PyxelEdit folder located here: "/Users/[username]/Library/Application Support/PyxelEdit"

About the .pyxel assigning, the application has it's own format which is called .pyxel. To be able to open .pyxel files, you might need to assign such files to Pyxel Edit, this however is not important atm. since you can't even get the program running.
  • DanikDanik Posts: 776
    Can you see the toolbar on the left side? If you hit Cmd+N will it let you create a new document? If not please attach a screenshot so I can see what it looks like.

You only need to assign the file type if you want to be able to double click .pyxel files to open them directly, instead of choosing open inside the application.
    lol candy face I'm a NOOB how do i do the /Users/[username]/Library/Application Support/PyxelEdit
    ohhhhhhhh i think i got it
    i got to the file tab thing and i made a new one anddddddddd i could draw and stuff on the white squares but is the any purpose of the words in the background 
  • CandyFaceCandyFace Posts: 620
    Heh sounds like you figured it out. The PyxelEdit text you see on the gray background is just to indicate that it is not a canvas (the white square you draw on)