Can I import an animation as a single frame on another canvas.

Hey all, I've just started using PE this week and haven't been able to find anything about importing a string of animated tiles as a single tile on another canvas.

Here's My Current Scene:

I've animated the rain coming from the clouds in the back and would really like to compile the scene to see how it looks. I was hoping to just import an animation string from another file to show as Tile (n) of current sheet, but I'm not sure if PE can do this.

1. Is this possible?
1a: If so, please share haha

2. If not, how else would I compile my animation onto my main canvas? (Unity?, Blender?, Gimp2?)
2a: Any links to youtube tutorials would be very helpful :)

Thanks, and I hope this isn't a repeat of someone else's question (I looked but couldn't find anything addressing this subject in particular)

Comments

• CandyFaceCandyFace Posts: 620
    edited March 2016
    Hi Deadly_Cicada

No it is not possible to import an entire animation as a single frame onto another canvas. Unfortunately there is no easy way to do this, you would have to either import the frames onto your other canvas manually, and make it fit with whatever you have animated there. The second option would be to use, Unity or some other engine to smack it together, but I don't know any specific tutorial that explains that.

Being able to import a gif onto another canvas, to temporarily preview stuff like this would be pretty neat though.
  • For sure. Ok, I've played around with Unity. I'll give that a shot. Thanks again CandyFace.