Isolating movement/animation /action?

Hi everybody,
First of all, I'd like to apologize if my question seems totally stupid, I'm not a pro, just doing this for fun, but I'll also thank you a ton if you can help me out :)

Sooo I've been doing a little bit of Pixel art in Photoshop, my purpose was mostly to animate the art and make like a mini web series with few minutes long animations. 
The problem with doing it in PS was that, maybe I'm wrong, let's say I would create a sprite for a walking character, it would be ok to make him go through a first "loop", but if there was a lot of walking going on, it was a real pain to keep moving the character around and all, it was super time consuming. 
So I was wondering if it were possible to like isolate an action on its own layer, so that it can easily be re-usable? 
Is that something you can do with Pyxeledit? (or any other software?) I hope that made sense, if not I'll try again to explain!
Thank you!

Comments

• DanikDanik Posts: 870
    Hi DZPM,
    Pyxel Edit does not have a concept of moving animated objects in the way you are asking. It can be used to create the character animation, but you need to use something else to move the animated character around easily.
    The first application that comes to mind that can do this is Flash, but there are probably other better alternatives for pixel art.
  • DZPMDZPM Posts: 2
    Hi DZPM,
    Pyxel Edit does not have a concept of moving animated objects in the way you are asking. It can be used to create the character animation, but you need to use something else to move the animated character around easily.
    The first application that comes to mind that can do this is Flash, but there are probably other better alternatives for pixel art.
    Hi Danik,
    I've messed around with Flash, that's true that it can handle that, but as you said yourself I was looking for something that's more specifically focused on pixel art. Thank you very much for your answer though :)