Is there a way to darken an entire tile?

I know you can select to darken or lighten a color which is awesome, but can you darken all colors on a tile at the same time? I have some tiles that I like the color of and it gets off when I darken the individual colors. I was hoping to find a way to darken all colors at the same time.

Is this possible?

Comments

• CandyFaceCandyFace Posts: 620
    Hi spacerobot

I'm not sure i understand your question, when you say darken or lighten, what are you referring to? do you mean the "Lightness" in the color shading window, or are you referring to changing all colors to something darker or lighter like the "replace color" tool  or maybe the color blend modes which has "Lighten" and "Darken" available or something fourth.

if you can, please rephrase or even better, show an example of what you are trying to achieve :)
  • So what I mean is say I have a tile and there are a total of 10 colors on it. I love the color scheme but I just want to make the shades of each color a darker shade. Currently I can select a color and open the little side panel and change the shading and lightness options to lighten or darken a certain color. I didn't know if there was a way for me to do the same to all colors on a tile at once instead of color by color. If that makes sense.
    edited January 2016
    Ahh, okay now i understand :)
    Unfortunately, no there is no way to change multiple colors at the same time. It's a feature that i would like to see implemented myself, so i don't have to use other programs for such things.
  • Ok no problem. Thanks for the info. Just curious what other programs feature this?
    I usually use Photoshop or Clip Studio Paint and use their Hue/saturation/Luminosity to change all colors to something lighter or darker. GIMP has something similar if you're looking for a free program.
  • Here's a workaround. Add a layer on top. Put a solid black box around all the pixels you want to darken. Then lower the opacity of that layer. This should darken the colors. I usually call this my dark shade layer. I've seen this work best if you take your pen tool on this layer and make spot shading. If you want heavier shades versus lighter shades just add a new layer.

Alternatively if you use white you can do a light shade layer. 

• Here's a workaround. Add a layer on top. Put a solid black box around all the pixels you want to darken. Then lower the opacity of that layer. This should darken the colors. I usually call this my dark shade layer. I've seen this work best if you take your pen tool on this layer and make spot shading. If you want heavier shades versus lighter shades just add a new layer.

Thanks for this tip! Any other PyxelEdit wisdom and tricks of the trade you want to share as well? 

Just getting back to this. Thanks for the tip! That worked great.