Hey - I started using pyxel a few days ago, and its a really handy and sexy tool! As it's still a little rough around the edges I thought starting a little feedback thread would be a good idea to keep this thing improving further.
For my background, i'm a professional game artist/tech artist for several years now - so hopefully my comments dont seem too random..
As im quite new to pyxel - I might have overlooked features or did not understand how they actually work, that being said lets get startet:
- please save the export settings, its so annoying to set these paths again and again
- sorting tiles doenst really work, switching positions is not enough. It would be nice to drop tiles "between" two tiles
- make transparent a color? or is there some way to floodfill the eraser?
- tab to next dialog field is not really clean, it toggles the tileID overlay, and or selects labels
- save the editor window layout
- how does the color replacement tool work?
- add an "indexed" palette mode - so colours are referenced and can be tweaked globally in the palette
- do not show the cursor preview in the animation playback
- animation timing on a per frame basis
- doubleclicking on layername // animation should allow to change the name
- layeroptions dialog isnt all that useful for now - wouldnt it be better to add a photoshop like opacity slider option on top
- the much requested brush opacity feature would be really handy
thank you. Benjamin