Animated Gif limitation

Okay so what's funny is...
I can't export my animation with more than 256 color with PyxelEdit, but I still can make one by recording the playback with GifCam .... What a shame :/

And with GifCam :

Comments

• DanikDanik Posts: 776
    Gif doesn't support more than 256 colors, although I think there are tricks to work around it. I'm not sure if GifCam preserves all colors or if there is some quantization?
  • CandyFaceCandyFace Posts: 620
    Yea there are some ways to go around it, though with limitations... afaik Gifcam uses this method too. 
    The question has been answered here:

and this explains GIF with true color:
  • DanikDanik Posts: 776
    Thanks for the links. Yes, if I understand correctly, they use an animated GIF where each frame is a 256 pixel square with a separate color table and zero delay, and where the previous frames are retained. So the image is built up as a result of the animation.
  • CandyFaceCandyFace Posts: 620
    edited March 2015
    From what i understand, the first 256 pixel square should use the frame delay but the rest should be zero. The rest sounds right.
  • WegPastWegPast Posts: 59
    edited March 2015
    Yes I saw that too. I started this thread without knowing about true color Gif. But now maybe PyxelEdit will be gifted with this feature :D 
    In a far future I think, though x)

For the time I'm working around to reduce the number of differents colors... And it's really not easy and, offcourse, reduces quality :/
  • WegPastWegPast Posts: 59
    edited March 2015
    Yeah I made it \o/

But the uploading system seems to be down :(