Layer organising and names.

As far as I can tell there's no way to rename layers or organise layers at all past moving them.

I have an array of layers that I need to scroll through of 1-104. 
To make each tile I use easily over 10 layers so it's non destructive.
Not being able to put these layers in names folders or even name the layers as far as I can tell is quite literally murdering me.

If there's something I'm missing as to how to do it please do share with me how I can figure this out but if it's impossible in it's current state it would be greatly appreciated if naming layers and layer folders could be added. If layer naming already is implemented making double clicking the layer rename it would be greatly appreciated.

Though, this is obviously nothing more than a request I hope it will be considered. For my personally as I just came over from photoshop to try this after buying the product last night, I don't think I can get into using this program just yet only because of that.

Everything else about this program is spectacular, keep up the good work.

Comments

• YuukiRusYuukiRus Posts: 3
    edited February 2015
    Sorry to add more to this but after browsing through layers once more, I noticed further that layers also seem to have some issues with them.

Occasionally when I create a new layer it will be numbered exactly the same as a layer that already exists. For example having three layers, clicking the new layer button, and having a second "Layer 3" be created from that.

It's extremely confusing.

Screenshot of the issue included :
    http://i.imgur.com/dfnyuvX.png
  • YuukiRusYuukiRus Posts: 3
    edited February 2015
    Update:

Just now noticed layer naming exists within the settings panel (Derp)
    The only thing I am unable to manage with is finding folders for layers. I was confused since right clicking the layer didn't bring up a naming or edit option for the same options as the setting panel.

I'll try to avoid posting again before watching all of the tutorials I can find.

• DanikDanik Posts: 899
    Yes, as you found out you can rename the layers. You can not organize them in folders though.
    Good point about there not being a menu item in the right click context menu, I will add one. I'll also fix the issue that new layers can get the same name as old ones, thanks for pointing that out!