[Request] Edit Keyboard Shortcuts

Hello,

I've bought Pyxel Edit recently, and I'm already loving it.
But there is something you urgently need to add: it's the ability to edit keyboard shortcuts.
If that's not coming in the next updates, please tell me a way to change it manually - I can handle going into any .ini files and doing it myself.

The shortcuts are not intuitive, there are plenty of keys not being used on the left side of the keyboard.
I understand that you wanted to use the first letters of the functionalities - such as 'O' for 'Offset' - but changing the shortcuts is the first thing I do when I buy a new program, and that's the only thing stopping me from recommending this to other artists.

(Even when playing games, I go into 'controls' screen first)

I would be very grateful for an answer!!

Comments

• CandyFaceCandyFace Posts: 623
    edited February 2015
    I have taken this from another thread Danik responded to:
    customizable shortcuts are planned. It's already possible to edit the application config file manually (pyxelconfig.json) to change them, but this is not that convenient and is undone when installing a newer version.
    I have not found any information, where that file would be located, though my guess would be here: 
    Windows: C:\Users\[username]\AppData\Roaming\PyxelEdit or similar.
    You can enter %appdata% as the path in windows explorer to find the Roaming folder quickly. 
    Mac: /Users/[username]/Library/Application Support/PyxelEdit or similar.
  • I have taken this from another thread Danik responded to:
    customizable shortcuts are planned. It's already possible to edit the application config file manually (pyxelconfig.json) to change them, but this is not that convenient and is undone when installing a newer version.
    I have not found any information, where that file would be located, though my guess would be here: 
    Windows: C:\Users\[username]\AppData\Roaming\PyxelEdit or similar.
    You can enter %appdata% as the path in windows explorer to find the Roaming folder quickly. 
    Mac: /Users/[username]/Library/Application Support/PyxelEdit or similar.
    Thank you CandyFace, I will try to get in there!! This is something I'm working on.
  • DanikDanik Posts: 899
    In the coming version this should be a bit easier as I've added some instructions and separated keybindings into its own file.
    Very nice art BTW!