You should totally give a discount for ludum dare

KavexKavex Posts: 7
edited December 2014 in Questions
Even tho I already own it I think it would be a great idea to offer discounts during Ludum dare. I think it would be a good promotion for you. 

I really like pyxel editor but I feel not enough people know about it

Comments

• i think that suggestion is nice. but really pyxel edit is insanely cheap. i mean its $9, which is £5.73, which is something like 11 mars bars. or 5 cokes.
    its quite cheap and really feel that its cheap enough for people to buy.

i would imagine that the price you can buy at its cheapest is more than fair enough.

but really thats just my 2 cents on it. it is a great application, all that it needs is forum posts and people talking about it rather than making it cheaper than it is for a short time
  • KavexKavex Posts: 7
    It doesn't have to be anything huge. It could be $.50 savings. I'd say that 50 cents we would be well worth promo on a ludum dare site. Just thinking of ways to promo this great program to other indie devs. It's a great tool for making quick pixel art for things like ludum dare or other game related contests. 
  • I learned about this through the official LD site. I will say though that it is insanely cheap. I do not think that a promo should be offered. 

That said I will be picking this up next payday.

:)
  • gomigomi Posts: 3
    Personally, I think finding other ways to promote awareness about PE would nothing but beneficial.  I wasn't familiar with Ludum Dare until just now. 
  • inkBotinkBot Posts: 53
    I would agree that it's pretty cheap to put a discount on. Another idea could be to approach game jams that run like contests, and straight up contests, about having it as a prize (or one of them). That way a discount wouldn't dilute the profits from the sales, even if maybe a handful of copies were given out for free and it would still get some exposure.
  • Not only is it already quite inexpensive, I would pay for it again if I could get a feature or two that would cut 1/2 hour off my work flow.

• KavexKavex Posts: 7
    I would agree that it's pretty cheap to put a discount on. Another idea could be to approach game jams that run like contests, and straight up contests, about having it as a prize (or one of them). That way a discount wouldn't dilute the profits from the sales, even if maybe a handful of copies were given out for free and it would still get some exposure.
    That is not a bad idea. 

Whether it's a small discount or not. I'd like to see more promotions of pyxeledit. I've been spreading it around the indie dev community for a bit now but that is only a small portions.