Unable to Save on Mac

HipturtleHipturtle Posts: 6
edited October 2014 in General
I have the newest version of Pyxel Edit but, for some odd reason, I can't save anything.

I've been looking for the past hour for a solution to a problem like mine but I can't find anything even remotely close to it.

Every time I try to save, I get a error saying
The file could not be saved:
"/Volumes/Untitled/Pixel Art/Recent Years/IGore.Pyxel
Error #3001

(my file name and stuff in there, sorry)

I really love this program and it works quite well on my PC (Windows) at home but it just seems to want to derp on my parents' Mac. I don't know if I have an improper naming convention, saving it incorrectly under my paths, or some other obvious reason.

I just don't want to lose an hour and a half of work over a weird save system. :/

Comments

• DanikDanik Posts: 776
    Ouch, that's no good. Does this happen after you choose a file path, or immediately when you click save/save as? It appears you don't have file permissions to that path.
  • Immediately when I click save or save as.

I figured out later that it might be a problem between the Mac and my External Hard drive; which I didn't even think of earlier.

Once I try to save it in the Mac documents, it's all hunky-dory.

I don't think this is an issue with Pyxel Edit anymore. It's just Macs. THE MACS. :p

Thank you for your help and I'm sorry about not being able to get this figured out sooner. :)
  • DanikDanik Posts: 776
    That's good to hear. I'll see if there needs to be better error handling for when you don't have write permissions.