Fast way to assign a new/unique number to all tiles on a canvas?

timbo227timbo227 Posts: 2
edited October 2014 in General
Hi,

Just bought PE, and have been using it all day. I've created a set of 24 tiles, and have arranged them on a 20x20 tile canvas. Is there anyway to now assign every tile on the canvas a new unique number (ie. number them 1-400)? 

I feel like this would be less tedious than duplicating tiles every time I want to make some minor tweaks to the tiles on one part of the canvas. I'm new to this, so please forgive my newbiness if there's a really simple solution to this.

Thanks! 

Comments

• Just thought of something else to consider. This tile set is for my first platformed game (which I'm also just starting to learn)... Will having such a huge tile set make coding etc. a nightmare at some point? (FYI currently using game maker pro)

Thanks in advance for any advice
  • phulphul Posts: 3
    Coding should not be affected by the size of your tileset.

You just have to set some stuff here and there but that's it. :)
  • I don't have it atm but there is a ctrl or shift or alt click while in tile mode that does it for you, read the tool tip and you'll see.

Also phul is pretty much right. If you are doing it right, 1 tile and 100 tiles are pretty much the same code wise, just different name and x,y coord for each. It can get a little overwhelming though if you are not sure what you are doing. Take your time and test often.