Error #1023 - Export individual tiles limited to 385

It looks like this error has been know for a pretty long time now. I didn't realized I should've been limiting my tilesets to 385 tiles. My artist just sent over my new tileset and I went to convert it and reorganize the layout, then export to individual images and got the error. I have 935 tiles... I really want to find a workaround for this, I don't want this to be the reason I need to use the more "professional" editors. 

Please give me an explanation of the limit, or a way to get around this. As I said I would much rather this just work then have to download another tool just for the tile split. 

Comments

• DanikDanik Posts: 835
    The error is caused by the way I've chained the export of each tile to be done after the previous tile. The platform doesn't support nested function calls over a certain limit and throws a stack overflow error. It should be fixable, I will look into it.
    A workaround (although not a great one) would be to split the input image up into several smaller images and process those one at a time. You could also import the full set, reorganize it and export it as a single tileset image before splitting it up so that you can reorganize all tiles together. Sorry about the trouble.