Catalina,

ToqueToque Posts: 13
A bad bug with Catalina.     I cant save a project.   The save file prompt comes up.   You can select a name and destination but will not save.    You can click on it but does not save.  Have restarted computer and restarted project but still happens.   I can export image before I save so thats good.  But Cant save project...........

Has happened a few times now......  I might have to abandon pixel edit......   I will miss you.  Will try and post a video. 

Comments

• ToqueToque Posts: 13
    Yeah its just stuck in the the save window.  But I cant save.   Cant cancel or save.    Stuck.  Have to force quit.    

Confirmed new project.  Multiple attempts...........
  • DanikDanik Posts: 784
    Hi Toque, very sorry to hear that! Did you try saving to different locations? I tried on Catalina and I couldn't reproduce the issue.

Does it help if you go to the Settings and disable Asynchronous saving at the bottom? You can also try removing the application settings directory /Users/[username]/Library/Application Support/PyxelEdit
    Ok.  Thanks for you suggestions.       I tried  disable asynchronous.    Does the same.    I will try and post a video.         

Hmm  in finder and terminal I get "no directory exists".     But Im not very technically talented at all......   Is there a file I could search for and delete in the search function?

I purchased Aseprite.     I like Pixel edit better.  
    Ok. So I tried a few things and could not get it to work.   Restarted computer etc.  Very strange.      BUT   there was a larger  Catalina update so I went through that process this morning.      Now 10.15.2 (19C57).

Just tried it and it does now indeed save!!!!!!  So happy.     If the problem happens again I will report.   

thanks so much for you response.     I prefer pyxel Edit!!!!!!!  
    I'm glad to hear you got it working! :)
    Sorry it happened again today.  But not every time I save unlike before when I couldn't save at all.  I thought maybe a corrupted folder so tried a new folder.   I will try some experimenting.   

It comes up with a save screen.    Click "save"   Then the same save screen comes up but its blank.  Click on save again but its frozen.   Have to force quit. 

edited January 11
    This save screen comes up and you can select, name and save.
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/wvgi7o2tgr0i87h/FIrstSaveScreen.png?dl=0

But then immediately this screen comes up but its frozen.    Pyxel edit is frozen

https://www.dropbox.com/s/uvk073ei3sssclg/ComesUpAfterSaveIsSelected.png?dl=0
    Not sure that helps.  
    Strange. :/ Let me know if you figure out under what conditions it happens/doesn't happen so that I can attempt to reproduce it. Does it work randomly or only after restarting the program, or rebooting the computer?
    https://youtu.be/oLTzYQgJLvo

Sorry I've tried different things to try and isolate why its doing this.  Thought maybe a video might help at least explain it.     I tried changing names,  restarting.....  different folders.... new folders.........

I can export my work but I lose my layers/  animations.     I will play with it a bit more but I might have to move on.    

But thanks so much for looking at it and responding.  I do appreciate it.     I would delete and buy again if I knew that would work.    

I do have to input my key every time and activate it.    But Ive had to do this for a long time so that hasn't changed.  

Thanks again.  

The video says it's private so I couldn't watch it unfortunately.
    Yeah that doesn't sound like a sustainable way to work. Do you know if the autosaves work?
    I'll try to remember to post back in this thread if I manage to reproduce it and fix it.