Zooming makes everything disappear

dustinauxdustinaux Posts: 5
edited May 2014 in Bug reports
I saw some other instances of this bug by searching but thought I could help by narrowing it down some.  The bug is where the canvas isn't visible after zooming past a certain level.  For me it seems to only happen when a canvas dimension is a power of 2.

Example on a 1024 x 1024 canvas stuff disappears at 16x and closer.

But 1024 x 1023 works AS WELL AS 1024 x 1025 (both all the way to 128x).

I tested it at other dimensions and it seems to be governed by the largest dimension that's a power of 2, and happens in a very predictable fashion, with for example canvas size 1024 x 2048 having stuff disappear at 8x and closer.

Great tool, I'm really liking it as I'm getting the hang of it!

Comments

• DanikDanik Posts: 835
    I have seen this bug happen but I didn't realize it was only for square images. Thanks for the detailed information, it will be helpful in debugging it!
  • JustinJustin Posts: 2
    edited July 2014
    This is still an issue.
    The very first file I made when opening the program after buying it failed to function.
    I made a 64x64 map and anything larger than 8x zoom turns invisible in the main window while remaining visible in the peripheral windows. Because the very first lines I drew were in 8x zoom, nothing seemed to happen and I thought the program just didn't work at all.
    Luckily, I checked the forums to find a workaround, and a 63x65 map worked fine.

http://s1.postimg.org/yuvpa5su7/Screenshot_2014_07_19_10_03_44.png
    http://s1.postimg.org/5eg37qmgv/Screenshot_2014_07_19_10_03_46.png
    Thanks for the reminder, I will investigate as soon as possible.
    Turns out this seems to be a bug in Adobe Air. Drawing a bitmap with a height that is a multiple of 128 fails at high scaling. I think I have found a workaround though, so this should be fixed in the next release.