Animated tile in tileEdit mode? // 0.3.107 Replace current color didn't works

gumustdogumustdo Posts: 13
edited May 2014 in General
Hi, I just want to ask if there is any way to make animated tile in tile edit mode? as well as to preview it right on the canvas? I've been search around on other tools like ProMotion, Gale, Pixelthello They didn't have such live-animated tile preview feature as well. Would be nice of PyxelEdit have it. 

And btw, Replace current color function didn't works on 0.3.107

Again thanks for great works, I'm totally migrated to PyxelEdit for my current game development now. ;)

Comments

• DanikDanik Posts: 776
    Hi Gumustdo,
    No, there is no way to have the tile animate in the canvas at the moment. I think it would be a bit complicated to add, because the frames are themselves defined in the canvas. I thought about making the first tile of an animation in the canvas show the whole animation, but it becomes weird when you consider you can have multiple layers for a frame etc. 
    Maybe once there is an object mode (possible future feature), this would be possible!

Replace color seems to work for me, could you give some more details?

Thanks! :)
  • gumustdogumustdo Posts: 13
    Thank you for answering :)! I'll try find out more / reproduce the bug on replace color for you!
    Thanks for reply Danik! Yes, the replace color is working! But, it's only when you're picking the substitute color in color picker on the left. But it won't works when I click the Value, tone, brighness, Sat shifting on the right.
    (Which is where I use the most for picking color)

Thanks again :3image
  • DanikDanik Posts: 776
    Ahh I see, thanks for the report!
    BTW, I've found this http://tilestudio.sourceforge.net/ opensource project. It might gave you an alternative idea of how to implement the animated tile feature. 

Thanks for a quick reply and support! :D