Set Animation Range

DanieleDaniele Posts: 12
edited May 2014 in General
Hi Daniel,

I'm making my first animation with Pyxel Edit (yes, I never animated with it until now, shame on me), and I was wondering about the functionality of the "Set Animation Range" button. In Leif Masrud's animation tutorial, that tool can be used to drag and define a custom tile range on the fly, even vertically. But when I try to use it, I can only define the starting tile, and the rest is automatically chosen by the range options set in the Animation itself. Am I missing something? I'm on v0.3.107

Cheers :)

Comments

• DanikDanik Posts: 776
    Hey Daniele,
    Yes, that's how it's supposed to work. It seems like the frame range tool doesn't work properly when the base tile is tile 0, even in 0.3.106. I will fix this asap!
    Thanks for the report!
  • DanieleDaniele Posts: 12
    Great :) And by the way, just so you know, for me it doesn't work even if the base tile is different than 0.

P.S. here is my first pixelart animation, just for fun (will probably be an easter egg for a game I'm illustrating :P). I have to say that I looooove the way Pyxel Edit treats tiles as frames: it's intuitive and makes animating very comfortable. I find myself much much better than with classic animation systems.

• SimonSimon Posts: 58
    @ Daniele: :D love that animation! I also love the way Pyxel is handling animation it is really intuitive IMHO. Can't go back to GraphicsGale anymore... 
  • DanieleDaniele Posts: 12
    Oh I'm glad that master Simon likes it! :D Personally, I used Pyxel Edit beta before GraphicsGale, so when I decided to see what GraphicsGale was about, I spent the first 5 minutes saying "but Pyxel Edit does this thing way better", or "but Pyxel Edit can do this thing without the need to open 5 windows", and uninstalled GG immediately xD
  • DanikDanik Posts: 776
    Haha! Nice animation. :D