Some ideas for QoL / UI fixes

Hi,

Just wanted to lead with how much I love Pyxel Edit.  It's been my daily driver for several years now and I'm really encouraged by the recent spate of updates.  Here's my "modest" request for some QOL fixes... thanks!!

Whenever you resize a pane that adjusts the size of the Playback window, it resets that Pllayback to default position and scale.  The same behavior happens whenever you transform a selection on the canvas.  Can this be fixed so that it behaves like the Frame Edit window?

The selection cursor is extremely small / fine.  It's really hard to see, especially on HD+ displays.  Is it possible to have Pyxel Edit optionally obey global / OS cursors, or improve the visibility of the current selection tool?

The new Save mechanism adds dead weight to my workflow.  I don't want / need to save-as every time I open an existing document.

While on the topic of workflow, every time I fire up PE I have to resize windows.  Is it possible to have it store window position/scale on a global or per-document basis?

I know this is a huge "one day" ask, but the ability to collapse, remove, move, add etc panels a la Adobe Suite would be amazing.

An option to change the opacity and hue of the onion skin effect would be great.

Comments

• DanikDanik Posts: 776
    Hey Neight,
    These are great suggestions and I think most of them should be doable without too much work. I'm no longer on vacation from my day job but I hope to get a new update out soon.

I'll change the way the playback view works to be more similar to the frame edit view.

I could maybe add an option to just leave the OS cursors be, I'll see if this helps with the visibility. There is an option in the settings to enable HD cursors, did you try that?

The save browse dialog when opening and re-saving a document is a mistake, so I'll fix that.

Storing window positions I'll also try to get done.

By collapse, remove, move, add panels I assume you mean docking etc? Yea, that is a bit complicated with the UI framework I'm using, but it sure would be nice.

About onion skin opacity, I'll see what I can do.

• neightneight Posts: 8
    Thanks Danik! 

I have tried using the HD cursors.  They're fine when I'm working on my desktop, but when I'm using a smaller screen (on a laptop / Surface for example), it can be tough.

Also just wanted to say that I love the new palette features.  It's already saved me a lot of time and energy.