0.4.7 + wine on linux anyone?

Hello,

I was so happy to see new versions for this amazing piece of software! However now I am extremely sad since apparently the 0.4.7 release doesn't work anymore on wine. The program starts but spews out a huge error dump when I try to click on anything... Tried with wine 3.0.2 version, the latest stable release. Anyone else having issues?

Thanks,
Iancu

PS: here's the dump:

https://pastebin.com/nJ682dw5

Comments

• DanikDanik Posts: 764
    Hi there, thanks for the heads up. I don't have access to Linux for testing but I will ask the maintainer on WineHQ to check.
    If anyone else on Linux can report their results that would be great too.
  • Iancul1981Iancul1981 Posts: 5
    Thank you for the reply. I had made a report there too. After some more testing and some tries, it seems the program doesn't really crash per-se, it's just when trying to access the menus.

For example if I click ctrl+n the new file dialog opens, but if I try to just press alt or click on any of the file menus that's when the program crashes...
    in the mean time, is there any way I could download 0.4.6? I couldn't find anything in the faq or anywhere else about this...
    That's a good lead. The application uses Adobe AIR so I think the cause must be some incompatibility with the newer versions of the runtime. I'm using AIR29 currently, 64 bit.

You can find older releases below the current one on your license/download page. Version 0.4.6 uses the same version of the AIR runtime, so I'm afraid it will have the same problem though, but please try and let me know how it goes.
    small update:
    -tried different ways of making this work but no success :(
    -tried with wine version 3.0.2 (stable), with winetricks, with adobe air 30 and pyxel edit 0.4.8... --> same issue everywhere, seems like I am doomed to stay on 0.4.5 :((((
  • TylerCodeTylerCode Posts: 3
    edited July 24
    Heyo,

I'm going to be taking a look at this too, I'll keep the dev in the loop as well. 
    Be like me, just realized Danik is who responded.  :# 
    @TylerCode helped me figure out that the problem is the 64 bit version of AIR.
    I have made a 32 bit release of 0.4.8 that you can download from your license/download page, it should work better!
    THANKS a lot! I spent about 3 hours today busting my head against this... So I will take whatever I can get :)
    @Iancul1981

Thank you for reporting this, both here and WineDB. I'll be working to find a way to stabilize the 64 bit version of AIR (potentially with the help of Wine devs) and will post a working config to WineDB once I do.
  • jobejobe Posts: 1
    Hi Danik,

thanks for making the 32 bit version available. It works with wine on linux and make me happy again! :)

Glad to hear that!
  • weitnowweitnow Posts: 1
    Hi Danik...I am also a Linuxuser love Pyxel Edit...glad to see it works with the 32bit version under wine without issues :)