The developer is working on a program or no longer involved in it?

I'm thinking about buying, so I decided to play it safe and ask.

Comments

• CandyFaceCandyFace Posts: 620
    Yes the developer is active and is still working on Pyxel Edit, though there has not been an update for approx. 3 month now.
    As far as i know, he is busy and does not work full time on Pyxel Edit.

• The latest update was on july 2014 :(
  • CandyFaceCandyFace Posts: 620
    Whoops.. true I looked at the date of last edit, but yes indeed it has been around half a year now without any update.
  • KavexKavex Posts: 7
    This program doesn't make the dev that much money. It's a pocket change project and it will have long periods of no updates and that is to be expected. It is a really good program as is and very much worth the money. 
  • DanikDanik Posts: 776
    Yeah, it's been a long time since the last release. I've been very busy with finishing school, moving and working. Work is still taking a lot of time but is slowing down a bit and I'm fully determined to resume work on Pyxel Edit soon.
  • DelkaesDelkaes Posts: 21
    good news Danik o/
  • So. I just bought this on a whim. I want to make games and I can't draw, but I can spend time messing around with discrete colored dots until something interesting forms!

I checked out all the pixel makers on Pixel Prospectors, and this one seemed the most developed. I almost had dilemma between choosing this and Pixen, which I tried when it was free.

The dilemma dissolved when I watched the Christopher Yabsely tutorials and realized how focused this program is for creating pixel art. It feels so much more powerful.

The point of this post is just to say that I am in love with this program, and I barely spent two days using it. I bought it without even sampling the free version. I had the slight twinge of buyers remorse when I finally read the forum and realized it may not be updated again.

Those regrets faded the more I got familiar with the program. It is very simple. It is so simple that I feel that I actually paid more for the simplicity than for the features.

I apologize, Mr. Creator-of-the-Program Man. This is the crappiest testimonial to try to ease the confusion of impulsive buyers like me who don't do their research.
  • WegPastWegPast Posts: 59
    Congratulation for finishing shcool :)
    We're waiting for you and glad to hear that you're so determined even with much work !

"Bon courage"!

You're like Santa Claus for pixel artist x)
  • BenBen Posts: 4
    I bought this a few weeks ago to go along with Construct 2. The thing I didn't realize is how easy it would be. I showed my 9 ear old daughter PyxelEdit and with in the hour, she had made her first animation and tile set. Same goes for my niece and nephews. The program is so intuitive and easy to grasp that all the kids in my family are able to use and understand it. Watching them navigate the program with just the hot-keys is a hoot. As a result, my niece and nephews are begging theirs parents to buy the program.

I expected this to be a good program for tilesets, sprites, and animations, but to see the kids gravitate towards it and stay glued was completely unexpected. 

Thanks for a wonderful product, Danik. 
  • DanikDanik Posts: 776
    Thanks for the encouragement!

I'm glad to hear that Ben! Being easy and fun to use are some of the main goals for the program.