Pyxel edit won't remember my activation key?

I bought pyxel edit through the humble bundle. It worked great until i had to reinstall windows. Now it asks for my activation key every time i open it, i put it in, it says its valid and accepts it. Then pyxel edit won't let me export images (error 3003). When I open it again, it asks for my activation key again. Is there anything I can do to fix this?

Comments

• Hi uxorioushornet

Have you tried running PyxelEdit as administrator? Because It sounds like a permission issue to me, making it impossible for the software to save the activation key where it's supposed to. You could also try to clean the settings file. Follow these instructions:
    Delete the application storage directory to fully reset the application in case some settings got corrupted:
    Windows: C:\Users\[username]\AppData\Roaming\PyxelEdit or similar.
    You can enter %appdata% as the path in windows explorer to find the Roaming folder quickly.
    Mac: /Users/[username]/Library/Application Support/PyxelEdit or similar.
    If it still doesn't work at this point, try to uninstall the software completely, then reinstall it. 
  • DanikDanik Posts: 870
    If all else fails, you paste and save your activation key in /PyxelEdit/Settings/LicenseKey.txt (in the application install folder). PE will check that file on startup. You'll probably need to open the file with admin privileges to be able to change it.