Each tile to have its own layer set

I don't know why but when I am switching tiles I am expecting to have visible only layers for selected tile. Either to have unused layers for selected tile invisible, or each tile to have it's own layer set.  Is this making any sense to you guys?

Comments

• DanikDanik Posts: 622
    Do you mean automatically picking a tile from another layer if there is no mapped tile in the current layer?
  • I think they meant "When making a new tile from the canvas, I want all visible pixels to be placed in the tile, regardless of which layer the pixels are in"

So maybe have like a "Sample all layers" checkbox for creating new tiles (similar to the color picker)
  • psychoanima Posts: 3
    edited January 4
    Sry for my bad explanation. 

Let's say I create one tile. For that tile I make 5 layers for my pixel elements. Then I create 2nd tile, and for that tile I create 5 more layers to draw on it. So now I have 10 layers and 2 tiles  - 5 layers I am using for one tile, and the rest for the 2nd tile. 

I would like to select let's say first tile, and to have only visible the layers (in layers panel) connected with that tile, first 5, not all 10. 
  • This is exactly how I would like it to work as well. I find it very confusing how layers currently work. It seems to me that having each tile with its own set of layers would simplify things greatly.
  • This, so freaking this. If this is implemented Pyxel Edit will be the best pixel art software out there. JUST DO IT!
  • I agree with the OP. Having separate layers for each tile would be a pretty useful thing.