Resize Canvas bug

I was just having fun trying to draw some symmetrical stuff, as described here:
http://pyxeledit.com/forum/discussion/comment/1673/#Comment_1673

And when I tried to resize the canvas from 4x4 to 8x8 tiles, I got this error:

The error occurred after requested the resize action, that is, when I clicked "Resize".

Comments

• CandyFaceCandyFace Posts: 620
    edited November 2016
    Hi MeronSoda

What was the size of your canvas before the error happened?
  • MeronSodaMeronSoda Posts: 4
    edited November 2016
    Hey, CandyFace,

I don't remember well, but I think it was 4 tiles (2x2) of 64. Thus 128x128.

Oh! And my bad, the canvas was 2x2 and not 4x4 (as described above). I was resizing from 2x2 to 4x4 tiles.
    edited November 2016
    Hmm alright, as long as you're resizing with power of 2 in mind, you should be fine. Looking at your screenshot above you seem to have had made a selection while resizing? if so, that might have triggered the error. 
  • If I did select something, it was unintentionally. To me, this crazy selection appeared after the resizing action (or it was there unnoticed).
  • andrajosephandrajoseph Posts: 1
    edited November 2016

I’m getting a problem in Beta 5 that had occurred and then was corrected in earlier versions.

If I simply Resize a background layer, I will get one inch border (since that’s what I specified) of blank space on all 4 sides of the image.  

If I have cropped that image before trying to resize the background (or bottom layer) using the same one inch specs I will get unequal amounts of blank space on only 2 sides; either top and right or bottom and right.  I have no idea why it varies.    

What is going on with Crop and why is it affecting Resize?

edited November 2016
    Hi andrajoseph

it's hard to say what's going on, could you please upload a picture of the said problem? You've likely hit a bug but why it's affecting both things is something only @Danik knows.
    btw. I removed the links in your post as they didn't seem to have any relation to your problem.