Release 0.4.1 & 0.4.2
Release 0.4.1 is now out!
This update focuses mostly on the drawing tools, bug fixes, and better crash handling to make it less likely work is lost.
The windows version now has an installer that sets up the correct file associations. On Mac it is a simple .dmg with the app folder inside as I haven't yet figured out how to make a fancy one. Let me know if there are any issues.
Download it from your Humble page, or your page on pyxeledit.com.
Lost your download link?
Bought with Humble? Click here.
Bought directly from pyxeledit.com? Click here.
Changes in 0.4.1:
- Implemented auto save with customizable interval.
- Much more robust crash document dump/restore system.
- Added rectangle tool.
- Added ellipse tool.
- Added double click with magic wand tool to select the whole connected component (separated by transparency).
- Added lock ratio feature for shape tools by holding shift.
- Added centered drawing feature for shape tools by holding ctrl/cmd.
- Improved color replacer tool, added support for replacing with/replacing transparency.
- Fixed ctrl/cmd-alt dragging with pen and eraser to change brush size.
- Fixed filling with transparency using ctrl/cmd with flood fill tool.
- Fixed color chooser window red input getting cleared when showing it using the hotkey.
- Made it so that double clicking while transforming deselects instead of selecting the whole clicked tile.
- Made it so that it's possible to middle-mouse pan over transform widget pixels.
- Fixed crash when selecting a swatch while replacing a color.
- Fixed crash on clicking the next or previous frame buttons with no active animation.
- Better error logging.
- Fixed eraser breaking when picking transparency with RMB.
- Added dialog with different options for considering rotations or mirrorings, as well as using all or only the current layer in "Reidentify layer tiles."
- Added setting for palette swatch sizes.
- Added setting for default tileset zoom level.
- Optimized animation playback.
0.4.2 fixes a couple of issues:
- Fixed issue that stopped drawing in frame view after chaning frame.
- Fixed eraser brush preview not showing for color with alpha less than 127.
- Fixed possible crash on drawing outside canvas/frame mask.
- Fixed not being able to switch tool after canceling a stroke with pen tool.