Colors interpolate when transforming (0.4.0)

Hey! Found another bug with version 0.4.0.

In this picture I've just pasted a 6x6-tile sprite. Here's what it looks like originally.

If I scale it down so its dimensions are 3x3 tiles, I have some unwanted colors in the result that weren't in the original.

The original has 14 colors, but after the transformation, there are 40 colors! I'm actually surprised as I'm writing this, because I thought there were only a few extra colors. I ran it through a color-counting program, and I guess it's a LOT more than I thought. Almost every color has been interpolated with adjacent colors, making them all slightly different.

Would highly advise against scaling anything in this version if you're working with a fixed palette. I don't believe this happened with the previous version, I definitely would have noticed it.

Comments

• willpoweredwillpowered Posts: 16
    edited May 2016
    Here's a clearer example.

6x6 group of tiles using only the colors (255, 0, 0) and (0, 255, 0).

Scaled down to 3x3 group of tiles, you can see the green color has changed.

Bonus bug: Transforming a group of pixels will occasionally leave semi-transparent garbage on the canvas. (You don't always have to flail the mouse in order to see it, but it's easy to reproduce when flailing.)

(Edit: Fixed typo)
  • CandyFaceCandyFace Posts: 620
    edited May 2016
    Whoa that's pretty bad... The second bug seems to happen if you scale the object down to a certain size, you don't have to flail. 

I can confirm the first bug too... hopefully it won't take that long before a fix is released.