Release 0.3.102

DanikDanik Posts: 659
edited November 2013 in News and announcements
Version 0.3.102 is finally released!
  • Working selection tool.
  • Cut, copy and paste.
  • Support for transforming selected pixels with transform widget.
  • Palette width is now changeable and saved with documents.
  • Raised default undo levels to 200.
  • Made duplicated tiles position at the end of the tileset to preserve tile layout.
  • Ctrl/Cmd+Tab to switch between documents.
  • Fixed issue with license key activation.
  • Fixed import tiled image dialog position for big images.
  • Made pen tool switch to eraser when picking transparent color (and back for opaque color).
  • Added status panel with image dimensions, cursor position, zoom level etc.
  • Right click context menu for tiles.
  • Fixed component focus issues with Tab traversal.
  • Made Enter/Escape perform confirm/cancel in most dialogs.
  • Hold Shift when moving tiles to insert at new position instead of swapping.
  • Dialog settings for export, import etc. are saved per document during session.

Comments

• RapuRapu Posts: 10
    Nice, everything works fine for me so far. Love the automatic switch to erase tool feature.

"Fixed component focus issues with Tab traversal."
    Still not perfect but very bearable. Tabbing still focuses the upper part of the window (http://i.imgur.com/9M7Cuxe.png).

One thing to add would be automatic content selection on those boxes where you put your documents sizes etc.. Right now you need to first remove all it's content before you can assign your own values. This is what I mean: http://i.imgur.com/DHnGACS.png

No need to worry too much, the program is very good and pretty solid already.

Thanks.
  • This doesn't work for me:
    • Made pen tool switch to eraser when picking transparent color (and back for opaque color)
    It just selects black instead.

Also, the keyboard shortcuts for undo/redo no longer work.  Depending on the tool I have selected they work once, or not at all. 

I'm using the Adobe Air build.  OSX 10.7 (Adobe Air version 3.9.0.1210). 

• DanikDanik Posts: 659
    Thanks Rapu. I'll try to solve the remaining issues you mention.

Absurditure, yeah, something seems to be up with the keyboard input on Mac. :/ It's late here but I'll look at it tomorrow.
    About the first point, it only works when using the pen tool and right mouse button to pick colors. Maybe it should also work when using the color picker.
  • Ahh, yes it does work with the right mouse button.  I'm just used to using alt for colour picking, not a big deal, but would be nice eventually.  

I'm really liking the Transform tool so far.
  • RapuRapu Posts: 10
    edited November 2013
    After a bit of testing the new updated version, these are bugs I have found so far.I also added some features I would like to see someday implemented. All of these are low priority. Nothing too critical.

BUGS:

Tool Swapping
    Most of the time when you press a shortcut button to change a tool, the tool cursor isn't changed until you start moving your mouse. Tools still works as intended but the cursor just don't update properly. To test this: Choose Pen tool and when you see the a black pixel on canvas when you move your mouse, press ALT without moving a mouse to choose color picker. As you can see, the tool disappeared and the new tool icon didn't update.

Marquee Select Tool
    Transform widget box stays active when you change tools. I don't think that's supposed to happen?
    How to test: Draw something, select marquee select tool and activate the transform widget, change your tool to pen.
    http://i.imgur.com/nw7oamI.png (Not very clear screenshot, but as you can see I have Pen tool selected and the transform widget is still active)

View Menu
    Tick boxes doesn't update correctly when using shortcuts (G, I, Tab)

FEATURES:

Color > Import from Image...
    Import Palette from image should replace the current palette with the new one. Currently it adds them on your current palette. 

Default File Selection Location
    When you're saving, importing or exporting an image the default location is My Documents. I think it would be better to add an option to change the default path. I would be totally fine if there would be Pyxel Edit folder in My Documents and the program would use that as a default location for everything.

Marquee Select Tool
    Right click context menu or option at the top for selected pixels; make a layer via cut, Make a layer via copy.

Palette
    Would be nice to have a way to set custom/preset palette as your default palette on all your new projects.

Numeric Up/Down Box
    Mouse wheel up/down increases and decreases numeric values.
  • SimonSimon Posts: 58
    The fully functioning Marquee tool incl. C&P is a real time saver for me now! Thanks alot. :)

I did not get it how I can manipulate the palettes? Is there a shortcut I miss? (most likely ;))

Me happy pixel pusher today!
    Thanks for the feedback, Rapu. I'll add the bugs I didn't know about to my list.
    The transform widget stays active to make it more flexible. I could also make it commit when you change tools, but this way you can do some other changes and come back to transforming before committing. Maybe it can be a bit confusing though.
    A right click context menu for selections might be nice, unless I use that for subtracting from the selection. I'll have to think about it.
    I agree that being able to set the default palette would be nice.

Hey Simon, good to hear you like the selection tool. ;) I didn't get to implement palette management yet (except for setting the width). It's next up though!
    I have now uploaded a new build (0.3.103) that fixes the keyboard shortcut issues on Mac.
  • SimonSimon Posts: 58
    @Danik: Ah okay :D I over looked the "width" part in the change log.. XD
    Thanks for clearing it up!
  • AbsurditureAbsurditure Posts: 10
    edited November 2013
    I have now uploaded a new build (0.3.103) that fixes the keyboard shortcut issues on Mac.
    It works! Thanks for the quick fix.
  • EyEy Posts: 5

Hi, guys!

I just bought a beta version of the game and was very upset when I saw that removed some very useful features and not added new ones. Please return the opportunity to zoom out the camera at less than 100% because I work with very large tiles (256x256), and I did not fit on the screen (on the old beta version was such an opportunity).

Also add the possibility to zoom the camera in all other windows, such as Tiles and Preview.

Write a comment there because I do not know how you create a separate topic. I hope that you look and listen, because I like your soft, but there are some flaws!

Thx!

Hi EyEy,
    Sorry about that. I constrained zooming to > 1x after implementing a new optimized canvas rendering system because of rendering artifacts. I never fully looked into what caused it so I'll do that and try to fix it for the next release.

Thx for answer, Danik!

Hope, you will fix it (i don't care of little artifacts, but I need to see full picture)

I have 1 more very important issue for you:

When I press ALT to choose color, my focus goes to menu, so I can't use ALT without having problems :(  In old beta I didn't have such problems, so fix it please :)

Thx :)

Also it will be cool if name of "Exported image" will be not "Exported", but "*name of file.pyxel*.png" like it was in Old Beta.

Please don't lose cool features while improve, and users will be happy!

The artifact problem was not hard to solve, so the next version will allow zooming out to less than 1x.
    About the Alt issue, I think it works like that in all Windows applications (if you press Alt without clicking). Maybe I misunderstand?
    I also added back the old default export file names. With "name_of_file.png" instead of "name_of_file.pyxel.png" for a document named "name_of_file.pyxel". It will be in the next version.

Thx! =)

About ALT - in Old Beta "color picker" was only when ALT is pressed (when it releases, instrument switches back). In current version when I press ALT, instrument switches to "color picker" forever, and menu start being in focus like that - http://petromi.com/get/2c820f24b6.png . So I can't return to my last instrument instantly, and when I try to choose it by pressing hotkey, it tries to find menu with this letter (if I try to pick "Pen Tool" I press D, but it will not change instrument - it will just try to open menu Document like that - http://petromi.com/get/ac037a8ec3.png .

Just remove choosing menu with ALT, and return last instument on release ALT :)

Btw will you add zoom <100% for tileset? Becouse it's very hard to pick right one when all tiles in 256x256 =)

Thx again for your answer :)

Ah, I see what you mean. Yeah, this behavior has been fixed. I don't think I can stop the menu from getting focus when pressing Alt as it's part of the OS, but the bug where the last tool isn't reselected when you release Alt or Space is fixed.
    Yes, I have also made it possible to zoom tiles < 100%.

Great :) Thx, I will place you in "Special thanks" in my game when it releases :)

Btw when you release new fixed version?

Nice. :)
    I will try to get the next release out on Sunday.