Status update for release 0.3.102

DanikDanik Posts: 660
edited October 2013 in News and announcements
Hi there!
Apologies for the lack of updates. I have been super busy with school the last few weeks, but I have been working on Pyxel Edit in evenings and weekends. Progress on Pyxel Edit usually comes in bursts as I get periods of free time.

The selection tool is coming along, and I have implemented a transform widget for transforming selected parts of layers (see below).
Some other features I have added include:
- Automatic switching between eraser and pen when picking up color or transparency with right mouse button.
- Status panel with image dimensions, hovered pixel position in doc and in tile, hovered tile, zoom level etc.
- Palette now has a configurable width per document, so it's easier to organize.
- Quick switch between documents with Ctrl + Tab.

Features I plan to implement before 0.3.102:
- Complete selection tool with copy, paste, tranforming etc.
- Palette swatch management (drag & drop to reorganize etc.)

Let me know if there is anything else critically important that I need to add before release!

Danik

Comments

• Awesome work! Can't wait to try it out.
  • SimonSimon Posts: 58
    Agree: Cant wait :D
  • Looking good. Can't wait to try it. 
  • DelkaesDelkaes Posts: 21
    Hop hop, any ETA of the update Danik ?
  • DanikDanik Posts: 660
    If I'm really lucky Sunday or Monday, but more likely next weekend.
  • Ok, crossing fingers ^^
  • Auto switching between eraser and pen tool might be good enough, but I'm missing the ability to use "transparent" as a colour.  It's also useful for erasing large areas of a single colour when combined with the fill tool. 
  • ShoSho Posts: 12
    Wow! This is super exciting! I just bought Pyxel and this will make it even better! The select tool is super experimental feeling right now.
  • Finally, it's so close :DDD
  • This tool is pretty cool.
    Now I just want to try this update.

Looking the quality of the tool, I can't imagine how the 1.0 will be.
    edited November 2013
    Thanks for the encouragement!

Here is the current changelog for 0.3.102:
        Working selection tool.
        Cut, copy and paste.
        Support for transforming selected pixels with transform widget.
        Palette width is now changeable and saved with documents.
        Raised default undo levels to 200.
        Made duplicated tiles position at the end of the tileset to preserve tile layout.
        Ctrl/Cmd+Tab to switch between documents.
        Fixed issue with license key activation not triggering.
        Made pen tool switch to eraser when picking transparent color (and back for opaque color).
        Added status panel with image dimensions, cursor position, zoom level etc.
        Right click context menu for tiles.
        Fixed component focus issues with Tab traversal.
        Made Enter/Escape perform confirm/cancel in most dialogs.
        Hold Shift when moving tiles to insert at new position instead of swapping.

I will test and work on it some more today and hopefully release the new version tonight.
    Also implemented this today:
        Dialog settings for export, import etc. are saved per document during session.

Postponing the release until tomorrow since it's late, there are some things I want to test a bit more, and I shouldn't do important stuff like this when tired. :) Stay tuned!
  • Yay! So looking forward to this!
  • kio Posts: 3
    - nice really looking forward to it! 
  • \\o  \o/  o//