Please be gentle.

Hey everyone, 

I've been using Pyxel Edit for a while now with little to no confidence or creativity. I thought I might show you a couple of things I've made just to get a good opinion on what I might be doing wrong or something. 

Comments

• I don't think it's letting me upload the pictures :/
  • DanikDanik Posts: 659
    Yeah, the image upload seems broken after the forum update, but you can use a hosting provider such as imgur and embed the images from there. :)
  • CandyFaceCandyFace Posts: 565
    edited September 2015
    You're very welcome to upload and show your stuff Saint_ :)
    I personally use imgbox.com for static work and gfycat.com for animations 
    To show an image from url, copy the direct url typically ending with *.png, jpg, gif and use the "insert image" icon.

Also if you didn't see my last post:
    I would recommend you to check out PixelJoint.com and Wayofthepixel.net they're both really good places for study pixel art. 
    look at the "Sprite Process Threads" from the second link, reading through the threads might be able to help you understanding your issues and how to improve. It's also a good idea to study color theory, anatomy and other fundamental art related studies too.

http://wayofthepixel.net/index.php?topic=2076.msg161933#msg161933 <- a REALLY nice mega thread about everything in pixel art.
  • You're very welcome to upload and show your stuff Saint_ :)
    I personally use imgbox.com for static work and gfycat.com for animations 
    To show an image from url, copy the direct url typically ending with *.png, jpg, gif and use the "insert image" icon.

Also if you didn't see my last post:
    I would recommend you to check out PixelJoint.com and Wayofthepixel.net they're both really good places for study pixel art. 
    look at the "Sprite Process Threads" from the second link, reading through the threads might be able to help you understanding your issues and how to improve. It's also a good idea to study color theory, anatomy and other fundamental art related studies too.

http://wayofthepixel.net/index.php?topic=2076.msg161933#msg161933 <- a REALLY nice mega thread about everything in pixel art.
    I love this place already and now that both you and Danik have replied I feel much better. 

imageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimage

I feel like I could use a lot more refinement. But am I at least in the right direction ?
  • Robot guy (last image) seems nice. Bus and the picture frame (?) before too! The tileset (lava?) seems really cool as well. But the backgrounds could use more colors or at least dithering, they suffer from a really bad banding, I'm afraid. On the other hand, some character sprites don't have any shading at all. Unless you wanted to evoke Undertale/Earthbound art style, I don't think they'd do.

Though my art is even worse, so who am I to judge, amirite?