Show us some of your pixel creations!

MadFoxMadFox Posts: 2
edited December 2015 in Artwork
Post your pixel art here! This thread is for anyone and everyone to post the art.
I'll add my stuff in here soon.

Comments

• MadFoxMadFox Posts: 2
    imageimageI'm pretty new at this.
  • HATI Posts: 5
    imageimageimageimageimage
    I´m new too, i think that this forum must have more activity, we can do this all together.

• CandyFaceCandyFace Posts: 534
    edited July 2015
    I too have made some things.. here are some of the most recent animated. 

I should note that i love hats :3

• I too have made some things.. here are some of the most recent animated. 

I should note that i love hats :3

@Candyface. Very nice, what was the size of the first one. I'm trying to figure how much detail for a sprite project. 
    Heh thanks :)

Yeah i've been experimenting with various sprite sizes too. The first one is 100 pixels tall, and 56 pixels wide. It's a rather large sprite tbh. for the game type i intend to make. 
  • Saint_Saint_ Posts: 16
    You guys are really good... I'm struggling to maintain motivation and cant find anything to draw inspiration from 
    edited August 2015
    @Saint_

I would recommend you to check out PixelJoint.com and Wayofthepixel.net they're both really good places for learning and study pixel art. I've been member there some time now, and lurked for years, to learn. Having a color palette, can also make your life much easier, as not all colors are good together. Study color theory, and look at references.

http://wayofthepixel.net/index.php?topic=2076.msg161933#msg161933 <- a REALLY nice mega thread about everything in pixel art.
    edited December 2015
    Okay so i've chosen to sticky and rename this thread, as i think that having a "official" thread could spark some interest into the forum again. I hope it will encourage you all to become more active, and spread your love for Pyxel Edit by sharing your work or WIP stuff :)

I rarely have time to doodle but i had some sparetime, so here you go. Limited to three colors. Will probably animate at some point..

• Wakintosh Posts: 7
    edited December 2015
    These are some amazing sprites!
  • defcon8defcon8 Posts: 1
    edited December 2015
    Hey :)

Just bought Pyxel edit, never did any pixel art or computer graphics before. First time try:

• JoeCuteLipzJoeCuteLipz Posts: 7
    edited December 2015
    Just getting to know this program and pixel art. Really having a lot of fun here and happy to join this community. look forward to sharing my progression. and I recommend the full version over the beta. the Beta is really nice but the full version is worth the money. 

Here are some of the things I have made using Pyxeledit

1st. This is from a tile set I put together as fast as I could just messing with the program and some ideas. 

2nd. was not using tilesets. instead i painted using layers. 

3rd. Everything in the picture is part of a tile for a tile set. 

4th. I just painted on the canvas with this one as well just seeing what I could do with the program again. testing the waters :P
    imageimageimage
  • Cool stuff JoeCuteLipz, i really like nr. 4!

here are a few things i've made recently.

• JoeCuteLipzJoeCuteLipz Posts: 7
    edited December 2015
    Thanks CandyFace I really like your stuff. and it looks like you have a good hand on pixel art in its strict color palette format. I have been watching videos trying to learn and figure it out because i tried to post the wave on pixeljoint and they want a revision because i have 6530 colors haha i had no idea how many colors i had i just painted. if i use opacity does that change the color or count as different color. I don't know but im trying to figure it all out. I want to be able to post stuff on there that i did with pyxeledit as well. I made a cabin in the woods last night trying to stick to only two colors. changing the colors lightness or darkness and thats it. And I made the canvas smaller as well so I was more limited in how i did things.  Was more fun than i thought it would be. All of this is really. I'm addicted to pixel art now :) and its thanks to pyxeledit haha

Edit: added a animated bird i made a day or so ago. some of the colors came out different upon export. was only blue and white with some of the blue colors having a 40 for opacity. Still puzzled but I still like it. pretty neat was super easy using the animation tool. 

edited December 2015
    Heh yeah being restricted to as few colors as possible can be a good exercise sometimes. I prefer to keep my stuff around 3-6 colours or so. 

Whenever you pick shade or lightness, change opacity etc... it is still a colour and will be counted as so, this means that for example with your cabin, you in reality use 6 colours. I also noticed that you seem to have some colour corrupted in that image, have you checked that every pixel has a colour? I have discovered a bug occur when you have a transparent pixel left somewhere on the canvas. Some pixels will turn white'ish, which seems to happen to your background in your cabin art?

About the colors for the bird, because of the restrictions of the gif format and the way that PE handles the export, it might not be able to export exactly the colours you choose, because of its 256 colour restriction.
  • Thank you for the all the valuable input. I will check my cabins background to see if that is the case but i may have just thrown a few whit spots out there in the whim hahaha. :P 

just worked on this one. again restricting myself on the colors i think I have 15 to 20 pretty close to that anyways.. 

• Here are some my bests, I think.

• ReyosoReyoso Posts: 1
    edited February 2016
    imagetrying out a sprite for my game so far here's a rough
  • Grimmlicious Posts: 3
    edited March 2016
    How are you all exporting your images from Pyxel Edit?

Edit: Found it!
  • meijer45 Posts: 2
  • MihneaSto Posts: 3
    edited March 2016
    Ok. I am going to post a link to devianart because for some reason the upload button is not working. Enjoy :D
    @MihneaSto
    The upload button is broken, you have to upload your image to an external source and link it here via "insert image" in the text editor ;)
    edited March 2016
    Recently I've had some time on my hands.. So here are two pixels creations.

• Alenthas Posts: 2
    edited March 2016
    Some of the ideas I've been working on

imageimage

• bennie Posts: 1
    edited April 2016
    hmm stalls while uploading images for me...
  • Here's my newest tileset, made with Pyxel Edit and a little Photoshop.

• Samaramon Posts: 2
    edited May 2016

2p scale!

Anyway this was my first ever attempt at an isometric/loop ever! I bought PyxelEdit specifically cause I wanted to teach myself pixel art >__< This is my second ever gif other than making a Draenei chibi a while ago. I am having so much fun and this is so addicting!
  • Zeshio Posts: 6
    edited June 2016
    Very awesome stuff people have posted! I've seen willpowered's stuff on YouTube, very cool process. Samaramon, your stuff is great! I've been working on a couple of things (I'm a relative pixel noob still), so here's my stuff!

(Working on a Star Trek comic for my Instagram account under the same name)

(Some work inspired by Cosmic Star Heroine)

Thanks!
  • My first :
    Yeah it's bad I know :3
    edited September 2016
    Here's one i made recently
    @PenguinMaster, if you shade the left side of the coin even more, that will help illustrate the effect that the coin is turning around better. Think about the position of your light and shade everything else, preferably in a much darker color so it's distinctive. Right now you are using 5-6 colors? and only 2 of them are really noticeable. if you're afraid to mix colors that won't work, use the shading panel in the color window :)