Can't install PyxelEdit

Hi, just got a new computer and was trying to install PE. Downloaded Adobe Air and tried to install PE but when I try it says the installer is broken. Don't really know why. I have tried another Adobeair example thing (called bee) and it worked fine. Have tried Downloading it several times and reinstalled AdobeAir. I download the PE installer from the email I got when I bought it and tried downloading the free version on the site and none have worked. Is there somewhere else I should be downloading PE from?

Thanks!

Comments

• Hi Legendaryhippo

Since you can't install PyxelEdit, then it is probably an issue with your adobe air runtime installation, have you tried to go through adobe's troubleshoot?

I suggest you to locate the log files, to see to why it says the installer is broken. If you can't find any log files, then try to uninstall adobe air and download a fresh new copy from adobe's website.

• [2015-06-05:11:55:40] Unpackaging file:///C:/Users/Kristoffer/Downloads/PyxelEdit0.2.22c.air to C:\Users\Kristoffer\AppData\Local\Temp\flaC0F0.tmp
    [2015-06-05:11:55:41] Application signature verified
    [2015-06-05:11:55:41] Unpackaging/validation complete
    [2015-06-05:11:55:41] No app located for appID 'PyxelEdit' and pubID ''
    [2015-06-05:11:55:43] Converting unpackaged application to a native installation package in C:\Users\Kristoffer\AppData\Local\Temp\flaCB51.tmp
    [2015-06-05:11:55:43] Native installation package creation failed: [ErrorEvent type="error" bubbles=false cancelable=false eventPhase=2 text="Unhandled exception Error: EndUpdateResource: Windows Error #5" errorID=0]
    [2015-06-05:11:55:45] Application Installer end with exit code 7

I can go google this, but I just thought I'd ask if you knew something about it :D
  • Yeah, a number of people have reported this problem, and I haven't been able to find the cause. It seems to happen pretty much at random for the affected people, and it seems to work eventually if you just keep trying. I think it's an issue with Adobe Air.
    You can try moving the installer to another location, some people have told me this fixed the issue for them.
  • Hi, Danik. I just tried reinstalling and moving the installer and installing it on different places. None worked :/
    Are there something else I could try? I did manage to install the free version though. If that helps

• Hi, sorry for the delay. Did you manage to solve it?

If you used the .exe or .dmg installer, you can also try the cross platform .air installer from the license page on pyxeledit.com (following the key-link at the top of the Humble download page).

If that still doesn't solve it you can also try these steps: http://support.balsamiq.com/customer/portal/articles/98999-“the-installer-file-is-damaged”-error
  • Hi, just got a new computer and was trying to install PE. Downloaded Adobe Air and tried to install PE but when I try it says the installer is broken. Don't really know why. I have tried another Adobeair example thing (called bee) and it worked fine. Have tried Downloading it several times and reinstalled AdobeAir. I download the PE installer from the email I got when I bought it and tried downloading the free version on the site and none have worked. Is there somewhere else I should be downloading PE from?

Thanks!
    Yeah, in the same boat I think. I installed Adobe air, and it wont' read. If I buy the paid version, will I have to use Adobe Air?
  • edited July 2015
    The Adobe AIR version is the recommended version of PE, though if you are fine with not having .pyxel-files, then the windows version might work for you. Have you tried to move the installer as Danik suggested? also if you could, please post the log file.
    You should be able to find it here, 
    C:\Users\username\AppData\Local\Adobe\AIR\logs

• i don't know if this is a problem for many anymore but I had it and I solved it by changing the date on my PC.
    Seems like something changed with adobe air after 2015 so all licenses before that became invalid or something. Change the date on your PC to 2014 to trick Air to think it is still valid.