Status of release 0.3.109

13»

Comments

• SamuelSamuel Posts: 11
    Why don't you just release a beta version for everyone to try out and give feedback about every change instead of making us wait for so long? You could just do that, release a version with all of these changes as a "beta beta" version, I decided to swap over to Aseprite after I finish the project I'm working on just because of the time you make us wait, if the software was open source then I wouldn't even care, but people are pretty much paying for this, I really love the program due to how damn user friendly it is, but I'm just tired of so many annoying bugs.
  • ickisickis Posts: 2
    I have to say i agree with Samuel. While this is a great tool it is lacking so many key functions and tools. I don't have a solution but would love to know what the current plan is. Also i sent an email to get on the beta list for the new version, is this still a thing? i have yet to receive any information, 
  • CandyFaceCandyFace Posts: 620

I have to say i agree with Samuel. While this is a great tool it is lacking so many key functions and tools. I don't have a solution but would love to know what the current plan is. Also i sent an email to get on the beta list for the new version, is this still a thing? i have yet to receive any information, 
    Yes getting into the beta is still a thing, and the newest pre-release is only about a month old. When did you sent the email? He usually respond to beta emails relatively fast.
  • ced57130ced57130 Posts: 1
    edited March 2016
    on this software, I find it really very good, I also useful pro motion and I find pyxel edit much more intuitive, now for me , I miss the tools circle , rectangle. And also for tiles , the tiles are added gradually as one draws above .
    these are just a small thing that I miss personally , but for the rest I love the simplicity and the interface of your software.

sorry for my bad English

Good continuation
    edited March 2016
    Heads up guys!
    new pre-release out for people who joined the beta.
    Changes for 0.3.109PR4: 
    • Fixed automatic tool switching between pen and eraser when picking transparent/opaque color with second mouse button. 
    • Added extras menu with "refresh all tiles in the canvas" item. Moved experimental color replace to extras menu. 
    • Made color picker "Use all layers" setting get remembered between sessions, and shared with pen tool RMB color picking. 
    • Fixed bug where pixels masked off when drawing with Tile mask enabled were lingering in stroke buffer and reappeared when drawing in that region later. 
    • Made pen tool brush preview show Tile mask effect before stroking. 
    • Added undo for layer blend mode changes. 
    • Raised the distance threshold before dragging tileset and palette items, to make accidental dragging harder. 
    • Fixed small error where the marquee selection tooltip displayed the wrong size for 1x1 selections. 
    • Fix misaligned tile/pixel grid rendering 
    Thanks @Danik!

• ickisickis Posts: 2
    Yes getting into the beta is still a thing, and the newest pre-release is only about a month old. When did you sent the email? He usually respond to beta emails relatively fast.
    Heads up guys!
    new pre-release out for people who joined the beta.
    Changes for 0.3.109PR4: 
    • Fixed automatic tool switching between pen and eraser when picking transparent/opaque color with second mouse button. 
    • Added extras menu with "refresh all tiles in the canvas" item. Moved experimental color replace to extras menu. 
    • Made color picker "Use all layers" setting get remembered between sessions, and shared with pen tool RMB color picking. 
    • Fixed bug where pixels masked off when drawing with Tile mask enabled were lingering in stroke buffer and reappeared when drawing in that region later. 
    • Made pen tool brush preview show Tile mask effect before stroking. 
    • Added undo for layer blend mode changes. 
    • Raised the distance threshold before dragging tileset and palette items, to make accidental dragging harder. 
    • Fixed small error where the marquee selection tooltip displayed the wrong size for 1x1 selections. 
    • Fix misaligned tile/pixel grid rendering 
    Thanks @Danik!

Awesome got the resent the beta email. Thanks :)
  • DanikDanik Posts: 777
    Yup, I sent out a new private beta yesterday. I'll give the testers a couple of days and if no big issues are found I will release it to everyone.
    It's almost been a year since the last update. 

I'm all for encouraging words, but even if you did 1 thing every two weeks we would have something by now. It sounds like you're nearing(cough) the release of the next update though, so I can't wait to get my hands on it! 

I absolutely adore the program. Keep up the good work! I really don't think I would be as happy as fledgling pixel artist if this program didn't exist, so please keep trucking!

I hope I don't come off as rude, as much as frank. I really want to see this program shine, and I suggest it to all my friends!
    Yeah, it's been a long time and I'm not proud of it. I took some bad decisions and bite of more than I could chew. Among other things I had to fix parts that were hacked together in order to get the earlier releases out, and implement them again properly. Then I also got a much bigger work load than expected. The release is really close now though (promise!). Thanks for the honest feedback.

Why don't you just release a beta version for everyone to try out and give feedback about every change instead of making us wait for so long? You could just do that, release a version with all of these changes as a "beta beta" version, I decided to swap over to Aseprite after I finish the project I'm working on just because of the time you make us wait, if the software was open source then I wouldn't even care, but people are pretty much paying for this, I really love the program due to how damn user friendly it is, but I'm just tired of so many annoying bugs.
    The main reason was that I broke some things, and I didn't want to release a new version where some old features didn't work any longer. I should have got a bugfix release out much sooner before trying to solve the bigger problems, I realize this now and will try to work that way in the future. I will probably start releasing the prerelease versions to everyone, and just mark the latest big release as stable.

on this software, I find it really very good, I also useful pro motion and I find pyxel edit much more intuitive, now for me , I miss the tools circle , rectangle. And also for tiles , the tiles are added gradually as one draws above .
    these are just a small thing that I miss personally , but for the rest I love the simplicity and the interface of your software.

sorry for my bad English

Good continuation
    Thanks ced57130. Yes, shape tools are essential. It's strange that they are not requested more often. :)

• WegPastWegPast Posts: 59
    @Danik
    "Thanks ced57130. Yes, shape tools are essential. It's strange that they are not requested more often. :)"

Hope that's sarcasms, shape tool is one of the most wanted feature x)
    edited March 2016
    I certainly am not WAITING for shape tools :3
    Sounds good Danik, can't wait to see releases more often. Releasing them for all sounds like good idea too, and then just mark them as pre-beta.
  • WegPastWegPast Posts: 59
    Yeah, I too love to draw cercles with a big brush round stroke and a bit smaller eraser stroke, hours of funs x)

And yes, sounds good Danik, I'm happy to see the return of the automatic tool swithcing between pen and eraser ! :) I'll give a try this in some few hours.
  • DanikDanik Posts: 777
    @CandyFace Yes, I think this will be a better way to go about it.

@WegPast Hehe, yeah, isn't there something satisfying about it? ;)
  • I don't know if this has already been asked about, but will there be an option to have the preview panel follow your position in the document? I can't help but find it annoying sometimes.
    The Pre Release version is working very nice so far! 
    So far I feel this version is much more stable than the current one, the only, but the only thing that I don't really like is that the erase tool now shows a white circle instead of the old gray one, I feel that one was a lot better.