Prerelease Beta Testing

Async0x42Async0x42 Posts: 3
edited April 2015 in Questions
Is there any chance to beta test non-public releases? I (and maybe others?) don't mind working live with an unreleased and possibly buggy version that's being worked on, and any bug reports could help you with development. Just a thought I wanted to throw out there, really enjoying this program though, thanks for the hard work.

Comments

• DanikDanik Posts: 835
    edited April 2015
    I think it's a good idea. I will set up an email list with people who are interested.

Anyone interested please send a mail to betatesting@[this domain] with the title "Pyxel Edit Beta Tester" and the following
    - Name
    - Email address you used for your license
    and I will add you to the list!
  • WegPastWegPast Posts: 59
    edited April 2015
    As I asked in your other posts, does the beta version will crush the stable 308 version ? Or will it be installed like an other program ?

ps : I sent you a beta tester email :p
  • CandyFaceCandyFace Posts: 620
    I assume that the above^ question was answered over email, so for the rest who don't know:

No, the pre-released version will not remove or overwrite the stable version. It comes with its own executable called PyxelEditPR.
  • BoneDaddyBoneDaddy Posts: 1

Is this application still supported and actively updated? If so, what languages/technology are used for development. Danik do you have other developers actively involved with this project?

Thanks BoneDaddy

• SamuelSamuel Posts: 11
    Sorry, I don't understood well to which email I have to send the beta tester pettition.
    edited October 2015
    @Samuel
    The email you need to send your application too is: betatesting@pyxeledit.com, you just have to fill it out according to what is said above by Danik :)

• Wonder how long it will take, maybe I should have postet my Forum name in the mail and not my real name?! xD
    At least I used the mail I used to register my full version...
    I have now made the prereleases available to everyone on their download pages here on pyxeledit.com, so you don't need to apply for it any longer.
  • ezezezez Posts: 2
    Hi,  care to clarify where exactly (hope this is not some april 1st stupidity) can we find such new version.

I got my license in Humble Bundle so I don't see anything on "account" there, neither can I find any "download page" here...
    @ezez you should have received a mail with a link to a download page. If you haven't received such email, then try to use the resend page by following this link: http://pyxeledit.com/get/resend.php

If you do not receive a mail, then you might have to contact Danik. 
  • NB. I had a humble bundle link which didn't have the prerelease versions linked on it - the link sent by the resend URL CandyFace mentions above has them on and works fine.
  • ezezezez Posts: 2
    @CandyFace - thank you - got the version using the e-mail I got earlier!
    Yes, the prereleases are only available on the download page on pyxeledit.com, which you can get to using the link at the top of the Humble page.
  • shadiradioshadiradio Posts: 2
    edited April 2016
    I'm having trouble unzipping the prereleases. I tried both 0.3.109PR3 and 0.3.109PR4, and it seems to be an invalid zip file?

EDIT: Nevermind, it works now... strange. It seems that the my downloads were going extremely slow, and those didn't work upon finishing. Later, my download speed was back to normal, and those files worked. :|