Layer grouping

Pheelbert Posts: 1
edited August 2014 in Feature requests
I know this is a possible duplicate, just hoping that this will be added asap because I need it badly. 

Thanks for your efforts, great software!

Comments

• DanikDanik Posts: 639
    It would be nice yes. Can you elaborate a bit on why you need it, is it for organization of many layers or to toggle visibility of multiple layers quickly?
  • RenKRenK Posts: 2
    Can't speak for Pheelbert, but Layer groups would be nice to see for the organization aspect. Though, I'm also finding that i'm not using layers nearly as much as I do when working in Photoshop. 
  • +1 for grouping
    Personally I would find it handy for organizational purposes, especially with bigger projects like map sprites.

Since we are talking layers, locking would be really nice, so it's impossible to draw on the layer for totally different purpose. Ex. making room objects on wall layer.
  • Grofit Posts: 10
    I would find this handy for scenarios where I am designing armour sets based upon the body types, so I can group the body aspects (body, hair, underwear) then the armour types in their own folders.

So +1 for this.
  • boorch Posts: 1
    edited May 2016
    +111 for the layer groups and layer locking. i think it's a must on every kind of drawing app.

layer grouping is very crucial when designing ui, map sprites and characters.
  • nosh247 Posts: 5
    +1 for layer groups.
    Easier to hide, show, classify layers at any given time.
  • Zeshio Posts: 6
    Playing with the layer stuff a bit more in my recent work, I agree with this. My main issue right now is being able to make a whole scene on different layers and then move the whole thing at once- I can't select multiple layers to move them together, so the folder grouping (I assume) would fix this issue.

• +1 for layer grouping; it makes organizing a complex piece with lots of variations, with each variation on its own layer, a lot easier.
  • It would be nice yes. Can you elaborate a bit on why you need it, is it for organization of many layers or to toggle visibility of multiple layers quickly?
    Yes please! This is a big feature I miss from Photoshop.

If this was implemented in Pyxel Edit, I'd use it to group similar layers (bg, terrain, foreground, etc). I'd also use it to quickly toggle visibility of multiple layers while I work.
  • dwinger Posts: 1
    I could really use this feature as well. I have a sprite separated into parts only to find out that I have to copy and paste each individual layer to a new tile in order to animate them in sections like I'm trying to do.
  • agge7 Posts: 4
    This is really a must have in pyxel edit! I honestly think pyxel edit is so perfect but it's just missing this one feature! :)
  • Ponio Posts: 4
    I started using Pyxel recently and I find it practical and functional. The layer grouping feature is one of the features that will bring it even closer to perfect editor.