Release 0.3.108

DanikDanik Posts: 659
edited July 2014 in News and announcements
Hey there!
The next version is soon ready for release and should be out within the next few days.

Here is the current list of changes:
  • More intuitive exit confirmation dialog with option to save/discard/cancel.
  • Redesigned tiled image import dialog to be easier to understand.
  • Added feature to import only a selection of tiles from an image.
  • Fixed frame range tool issues preventing the user from setting the end frame.
  • Fixed document window focus issue that broke hotkeys etc.
  • Fixed preview panel viewport rectangle not updating with multiple documents.
  • Fixed info panel not updating.
  • Made color variations chooser keep current colors when clicking, unless right clicking.
  • New zoom levels at smaller increments: 1/8, 1/6, 1/5, 1/4, 1/3, 1/2, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 8, 12, 18, 28, 38, 50, 70, 90, 128
  • Made zooming shortcuts act on the last used editing panel, such as the frame edit panel.
  • Made frame edit panel keep the current zoom on resize, added zooming controls.
  • Better document tabbing, now tabs to last used document.
  • Added "open folder" button in export dialogs, that opens the folder in the OS.
  • Added credits panel.
  • Added license mail resending from application.
  • Pretty JSON output for tilemap export and .pyxel documents.
  • Better error logging.
  • Fixed canvas contents becoming invisible at high zoom on canvases with a height divisible by 128.
  • Added menu item to check for updates, open forum.
  • Fixed color variations chooser not updating the color on Adjust/Replace palette color.
  • Fixed "Remove references in layer" function in tiles' right click menu.
  • Fixed bug where undo didn't restore tiles filled with "Fill outside tile".
  • Changed shortcut for magic wand to W.
  • Improved stroke performance with large single-tile images.
  • Multiple crash bugs fixed.
  • Added contiguous/non-contiguous fill options for fill tool and magic wand select tool.
  • Fixed bug where the last frame of an animation were dropped from exported tilesheets under certain conditions.
  • Fixed animation playback view position drifting away slowly at certain low magnifications.
  • Added next/prev frame buttons to Animation Playback panel.
  • Made right mouse button with the selection tool subtract from the current selection.
  • Added Ctrl-Alt drag to change brush size with Pen Tool.
  • Made Pen keep current color when picking transparency to switch to Eraser.
  • Added popup for new versions.
  • Support for simple characters (such as "+") for key bindings.
  • Added hotkey "0" to fit active canvas in view, "+"/"-" to zoom in/out. Ctrl-"+" / Ctrl-"-" or "[" / "]" now changes brush size.

Comments

• PajaroidePajaroide Posts: 27
    edited July 2014
    Looks like an awesome update! Although I was hoping to see some symmetry drawing stuff in the list :P Cheers
  • tinygms Posts: 7
    Can't Wait ^^ looks very promising
  • DanikDanik Posts: 659
    Version 0.3.108 is now released! I will announce it soon but you can already download it from your license page.

Final (slightly reordered) changelist:
    http://pyxeledit.com/etc/changelog.php
  • IMPORTANT!

You just sent me, and likely everyone else, all download page links with e-mail addresses, pledges, license keys, etc.

I urge you to revoke all keys and links etc.

Best,
    Arthur
  • OK, verified some links from the old mail and they no longer work.

Will have a look at 0.3.108 soon!
    Thank you zenmumbler. I took down the site and deactivated the leaked
    links. The site is now back online and all the affected users have been sent a mail with new licenses.
  • tinygms Posts: 7
    Wow... I can say I have no annoyances anymore with bugs thanks to this update :D Very well done!
    So far, the best editor I ever used out of all I've played with.
    I'm really glad to hear that tinygms. :)
  • Kasumi Posts: 13
    edited July 2014
    Definitely appreciate the new zoom levels and the (unlisted) hex on cursor display fix. Am I uh... beating a dead horse if I mention it's also not hex in Tile ref in the info panel? It doesn't affect me the way the cursor thing did, but it is inconsistent.

The final thing that's really negatively impacting my workflow is lack of this: http://pyxeledit.com/forum/discussion/15/feature-idea-paint-multiple-tiles#Item_3

Could probably work about five times as fast with that added, copying structures tile by tile is the biggest bottleneck for me right now.
    Thanks Kasumi, I'll fix the info panel tile id too.
    I have a basic implementation of multi tile drawing, but it was too untested/buggy to make this release. I agree with you that it would help a lot for designing levels etc.
  • Are you ever going to create a Pyxel edit for Linux??
  • Amazing program, keep up the good work.
    edited August 2014
    Donatsaucer, unfortunately there's no support for Air on Linux any longer. It's possible to compile for the old Air 2.6 but I'd have to make some changes and maybe remove some features. I don't want to have to support multiple code bases during development but I might do this when the application is done.
    I have heard it runs well in Wine though.

Lighterthief, thanks!
  • Leef Posts: 4
    I love this so much, Though would you think in the versions to come a full-screen mode could be possible?  c:
  • Super happy this program isn't abandoned. I am really hoping for some symmetry tools one day. Keep up the good work and give us a new update soon! Thanks!
  • Hi! Grid in Frame Edit needed BADLY! :D With this feature I would use Pyxel only (now I support myself with Aseprite for animations).
  • It's an awesome program but I am finding it too hard to replace colors with colors of different alpha levels (opacity) in this version. I use to just fill over colors with a new opacity but it seems like that was taken away. I tried the color replacer but I can't figure it out. I can't paint over anything with less opacity because it's additive. So I am still using .106 still.
  • Err, I'm not sure... is the release out yet or not ?
  • .108 is the latest release I'm aware of.
  • Mine's .106, how can i get the latest ?
  • I'd start my search here:

I lost the link to my download page, how can I get it back?
    Use this page to request it again: http://pyxeledit.com/get/resend.php
  • Allright ! I did know about this link, but I thougth it was only when you just bougth it. Not for updating...
    Thanks!
  • Hi!

Just curious, is this program still being updated?

Thanks!
  • Yes sir! 
    Yes, the project is still going. For different reasons I tend to be very busy though, so progress is slow. I hope to release a new version soon.
  • WegPastWegPast Posts: 58
    Keep on rockin', Danik !  We still wait for the next one ! ... and for geometry shaping tool, texting tool, mirroring tool etc etc... :D
    Just kidding, you've done so far an amazing work :) 
  • Paypal is not working for me is there another way to buy this program.
  • dorododorodo Posts: 3
    Sorry for asking such a frequent question, but any words on the next update?

Cheers!
    Hi Dorodo,
    I posted a short comment about it in this thread: http://pyxeledit.com/forum/discussion/comment/1091/#Comment_1091
    but I should probably make a more in depth status report thread aswell, I will try to do that soon.
  • dorododorodo Posts: 3
    No worries Danik, take your time. Hearing some words from you is good enough.

Good luck!