Mobile Platform

ThndrThndr Posts: 15
edited August 2013 in Feature requests
Since it's built on Air it should be able to be ported to the mobile (tablets at least) sector with hopefully not too much hassle. I know you switched over to a UI-lib and did a just-for-fun test on your phone, but is there any plans for a release for android down the line?

Comments

• DanikDanik Posts: 664
    Yes, I don't have any definite plans but I sure would be interesting to try at some point.
  • ThndrThndr Posts: 15
    Awesome. It's a rather low priority thing so no rush :P.

I would love to do more on my tablet for development. Now to get someone to make a BFXR android port.
  • Bubel Posts: 2
    Any news about Android version on this end?
  • AsixJin Posts: 1
    Any news on this...Android is lacking of good Pixel art apps and tablets/phones are great for quick arting on the good. The iphone had a great app that work great with my tools (Unity3d, Pyxel Edit, Paint and the app was called Sprite Something). 
  • kheftelkheftel Posts: 7
    I absolutely love sprite something on iOS! I haven't found anything comparable on Android.

• vedioboyvedioboy Posts: 30
    The best I found (in my opinion) is Pixels Touch. Very simple and not many features. Doesn't have any animation, no tiles, but at least it supports color palettes and a few other features. I will have to try some others again though, maybe there are new updates. But yea I would LOVE to have PyxelEdit on my tablet. As long as the layout of everything is ported well :) because I tried PyxelEdit on a Windows 8.1 tablet and the buttons and stuff are way too small atm for that.
  • DelahDelah Posts: 16
    As an Apple user I would like an Pyxel Edit iPad app. I'm using Pixaki on my iPad but I would rather use PE on it.
  • Zeshio Posts: 6
    I have a galaxy note 5 and it would be pretty sweet to have something close to Pyxel Edit on mobile, maybe like a tile a screen, and I could use my pen, that's be pretty sweet. Upload to google drive and done!
  • Something using the "dotpict" (android app) system would be great -> A cursor wo move by moving the finger and a button for coloring the pixel
  • MiLO83 Posts: 4
    I could really use Pyxel Edit on Android.
    Have you looked into this lately?