How do you set the transparent background to be checkerboard?

Besto Posts: 3
Mine is white, which I'm pretty sure it changed to that for no reason. How do I set the background color?

Comments

• CandyFaceCandyFace Posts: 554
    edited October 26
    Hi Besto

it sounds like you've disabled show pixel grid. You can enable it again by going to the top bar and select
    View->"show pixel grid". 

To change background color you simply fill your layer with a color, alternatively, fill the layer with a color, make a new layer and use that as your sprite layer.

If your background color is white when you create a new document (shouldn't be possible as far as I know) you can fill with transparent by holding ctrl + click (using bucket tool) or cmd+click on mac.

• Besto Posts: 3
    The background color is white when I start a new document, and even if I reinstall everything it stays like that. Filling it with transparent color does nothing, unless its above like 15%. Control click also does nothing. This makes it really hard for me to draw, as I can't right click the background for eraser and if I draw anything with light colors it becomes hard to see so I have to fill the background.
  • CandyFaceCandyFace Posts: 554
    edited October 30
    That sounds odd, have you tried to clear your config file? if not, do the following:

Delete the application storage directory to fully reset the application in case some settings got corrupted
    Windows: C:\Users\[username]\AppData\Roaming\PyxelEdit or similar.
    You can enter %appdata% as the path in windows explorer to find the Roaming folder quickly.

Mac: /Users/[username]/Library/Application Support/PyxelEdit or similar.

• Besto Posts: 3
    I deleted the entire file in appdata, it made me put in my activation code in and everything but the background is still white.