Error #2038: File I/O Error

Happened when I was trying to save my file as an iteration. 

Details:
Error #2038: File I/O Error.

Error: Error #2038: File I/O Error.
at pyx.io::PyxelSaver$/doWriteZipFile()
at pyx.io::PyxelSaver$/saveDocument()
at Function/<anonymous>()
at Function/<anonymous>()

Comments

• I should add this was on PyxelEdit 0.4.4, on a Mac running macOS Sierra, v 10.12.6. Could not duplicate on Win10.
  • CandyFaceCandyFace Posts: 547
    edited July 29
    Hi christopheeerrr

What was the size of the canvas, how many tiles did you use as well as color swatches and layers?
    Would you be able to upload or pm the .pyxel file to me, then i'll see if I can reproduce this?
  • christopheeerrr Posts: 5
    edited July 29
    Sure thing! See attached. Still happening on my mac with this file for some reason, still no problem on the Win10 system using the same imported file. Canvas size is 32x32, 1 tile, 6 layers, 12 colors used so far. 

My Mac's system specs: 

Model Name: MacBook Pro

Model Identifier: MacBookPro11,3

Processor Name: Intel Core i7

Processor Speed: 2.8 GHz

Number of Processors: 1

Total Number of Cores: 4

L2 Cache (per Core): 256 KB

L3 Cache: 6 MB

Memory: 16 GB

(edit: added clarification)

• Imported the file from the win10 system back my mac, and I'm now able to save different iterations? Nothing was changed from the original file. Take what you will from that I suppose, but hey, I found a workaround for myself! :)
  • CandyFaceCandyFace Posts: 547
    Thats good to hear, if it keeps happening, then try to delete the config file located here:
    /Users/[username]/Library/Application Support/PyxelEdit or similar.

I checked out the file and didn't see anything weird or wrong, only a lot of colors being null, which is somewhat normal but the quantity of it made me suspect that it could be caused by the config file.

• Awesome, I'll be sure to keep this in mind. Thank you for looking into this!
  • I'm having the same issues and it's really frustrating.  I too am running on a mac using Sierra.  There is a work around that I've found to work.  If you go to the left and navigate from a route folder to the folder with your work you can save. For some reason if you try to save without doing this you get the error.  Seems to be a folder / path issue.  Hope this is fixed in the next release :) At first I thought it was a permission issue but even if you save under a different name you get the error so it's definitely folder or permissions. 
  • Hi! I'm on a Mac running Sierra and I cannot "Save As". I hope there is a fix for this soon! Thanks! This is the error message.

The file could not be saved.
    Error #2038: File I/O Error

• Same here, various pictures on OS X Sierra. 

I do notice that whenever I do a 'save as' but just in a different folder (I do not change the name), it seems to work fine. Looks like something when you change the filename only?