Color Replacer Hotkey + Directional Keys Move

1. The Color Replacer doesn't seem to have a hotkey and while clicking on the Color Replacer icon once in a while isn't too bad, a hotkey for it would be good. Maybe replace with one of D / P / B.

2. Instead of CMD + Drag to move, maybe move with the directional keys.

I'm new to Pyxel Edit and the forums so please forgive me in case of an oversight :)

Comments

• CandyFaceCandyFace Posts: 565
    edited May 16
    Hi Sundrop

You can bind the color replacer tool to a hotkey using the config and actions described in readme.txt found here 
    Windows: C:\Users\[username]\AppData\Roaming\PyxelEdit or similar.
    You can enter %appdata% as the path in windows explorer to find the Roaming folder quickly.
    Mac: /Users/[username]/Library/Application Support/PyxelEdit or similar.

For example, if you would like to select the replace color tool, you would open your 'keybindings.json' file and make it look like this. 

[
      {
        "keyString": "D",
        "action": "color_replace_tool_action",
        "shiftKey": false
      } ]

If you want to add more keybindings, add a ',' after the closing bracket and make a new entry, eg.

[
      {
        "keyString": "D",
      },   {
        "keyString": "A",
      } ]

• Sundrop Posts: 5
    edited May 18
    I couldn't find "PyxelEdit" in "Application Support", so I tried modifying "Applications/PyxelEdit0.4.4/Contents/Resources/Settings/keybindings.json" and restarting the application a few times. Didn't seem to work.

I can live with this though. :) Thank you for spending the time to address this issue!
    The amount of work this application helps with more than makes up for it's little quirks!
  • CandyFaceCandyFace Posts: 565
    edited May 18
    You couldn't find the folder?

By default the Library folder is hidden, so you have to either enter the path via terminal, eg. typing "open ~/Library" or open a finder window, then click on the "Go" tab in the top bar, hold "super" down on your keyboard and the folder should reveal itself ;)

The folder should exist, as it's at that location you'll also find file backups, config file etc.