Release 0.4.4!

Behold! version 0.4.4 has been released.

go to your license page and grab the latest version

change log:

• Made selections render in the frame edit panel.
  • Fixed crash when dragging a file without extension into the window.
  • Frame manager tool that allows copying, pasting frames and canvas tiles including content in all layers. Also allows inserting and removing frames in animations.
  • Changed presentation of animation frame durations. Frame delay is now simply given in milliseconds, and the whole animation has a speed multiplier in its settings.
  • Made animations frame markers more subtle, unless using one of the animation tools.
  • Pen tool iso line constraint (1:1 and 2:1) when holding ctrl and shift.
  • Optimized GIF exporting.
  • Made shape tool 'exact ratio' setting disabled by default.
  • Better error handling when saving document. Running out of memory should now be handled gracefully with an error message, and an option to dump the document data so that it can be restored.
  • Added some save file validation (file existence, reasonable size & timestamp).
  • Better error handling when creating a new document.
  • Fixed tile dimensions calculation in Resize Canvas dialog.
  • Fixed keyboard shortcuts not working after clicking layer visibility button.
  • Fixed crash when closing program with multiple unsaved documents with changes in workspace.
  • Fixed an issue with the has-changes state for documents.
  • Fixed rare crash when drawing with the pen or eraser.
  • Added hotkeys for selecting next/previous layer (page up/down).
  • Added hotkeys for next/previous tile and palette swatch (shift/ctrl + page up/down).
  • Made new document frames open maximized, unless the current open document frame is not maximized.
  • Added open document tab bar.
  • Changed select tool marquee behavior to make it possible to click to select/deselect single pixels.
  • Fixed layers list sometimes disappearing after layer delete/merge + undo.
  • Added menu item to open application storage folder in the OS.
  • Fixed unchecked layers getting exported as "null" instead of nothing in json tile map export.

Comments

• DanikDanik Posts: 634
    Thanks CandyFace.

As always, please let me know of any issues you find, especially with new features. Feedback on the new features is especially welcome!
  • inkBotinkBot Posts: 39
    This update is looking great. Many wanted features in here. Awesome stuff!
  • Nice--thanks for the update! Looking forward to the next one. :)
  • there actually a bug that crash the program when you lower the frame window when you are doing animation in full screen swicth to windowed and vice versa, just saying it to fix that bug, i love the program tho 

:smile: 

• This is fantastic, I was worried you'd drifted away from pyxeledit, glad to see you're continually making it better!
  • hAsKi Posts: 4
    I'm not sure if it's this version in particular or the new Creators Update for Win10, but whenever I save a PyxelEdit file now, the OneDrive sign-in prompt appears and launches the OneDrive app in the background (I don't use OneDrive to sync).

PyxelEdit appears to be trying to scan the OneDrive location, prompting this behaviour? Seems trivial, but it's a super annoying problem when you don't want a bar of OneDrive!

Cheers.

• CandyFaceCandyFace Posts: 507
    hAsKi, sounds like an issue with windows 10. PyxelEdit doesn't connect, nor does it use OneDrive in any way.